Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped in JSS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 14

@Mandar G wrote:

As far as my open jobs are concerned out of three, two clients are not responding to my messages, even though i completed the job as they wanted and that too within the given time. On my behalf even Upwork support team mailed one of the client and he didn't responded to them as well. I dont see my fault in it. It's like freelancers has to suffer because of some unprofessional client's.

Just close any long term inactive contracts yourself after all reasonable attempts to contact the client have failed. There is no need to involve Support in that, just manage your own business and be done with it.

It has nothing to do with "fault" or "suffer" - Simply manage your jobs and clients. How difficult is it to end a dead contract?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mandar G Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
12 of 14

Thank you for the reply Petra,

I can close the contracts which are inactive but i am worried will that affect My JSS more? as it has already gone down to 88%(I still dont know the reason for it)My JSS dropped but Clients who would recommend you is still 100%.

Please can you clear my query of what is private feedback and Clients who would recommend you, is both the same? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
13 of 14

Hi Mandar,

Your Job Success Score drops when one of the following happens between updates:

• You receive poor public or private feedback from one or more clients.
  • Jobs you completed in the past are no longer considered because they are outside the score's time frame.
  • Jobs with no earnings or no feedback become counted in your score, either because they were closed or because several months have passed since you received a payment.

You may also refer to this link for further details.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mandar G Member Since: Mar 2, 2017
14 of 14

Hi Lanie M,

Thank you for reply,

If jobs are completed within the given time frame and asked the client politely to either check the work and ask for the requried changes or to the end the contract if everythnig is ok with the submitted work. I did the same and client stopped responding, now it's a loss for me and not for them. They can hire more freelancer's and get there work done but for new freelancer's like me it becomes tough to land new jobs with JSS going downward.

I think in my case it is the thrid point from what you have metioned above.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS