Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Estimated Budget: $0.00 ?!

chris_macartwork
Community Guru
Chris M Member Since: May 6, 2015
1 of 10

Just got a job recommendation via my email today with an Estimated budget of $0.00. Is that normal these days?

Is it because it's hourly? A pointless piece of information to display in the job recommendation.

And as usual - the job recommendation is a total non fit for my skills. It was for an eBook Ghostwriter.

It must be years ago that I continually informed support that I was not an eBook Writer and that they need to refine their algorithms. The algorithm is obviously just picking up on the word 'eBook' and ignoring the fact that I am not a writer -  and neither do I have any projects at all in my job history that involve writing.

It must be a relatively simple process to use phrase matching rather than single word matching surely?

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
2 of 10

I got one of those today, too--I assumed the budget showed as zero because it was hourly.

Interestingly, mine was different from yours. I got one for an email marketing campaign because...you know...I ghostwrite books.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 10

Hi Chris and Tiffany,

Could you please pm me the screenshots of the job recommendation emails you received, along with the link to those job posts?

Thanks.

Untitled
chris_macartwork
Community Guru
4 of 10

Hi Vladimir,

Here's link:

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

and screenshot...

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
5 of 10

It's hourly. No budget for hourly.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 10

Chris and Tiffany,

Thanks for sharing links and screenshots with us. These are hourly jobs so they don't have budgets. That being said, budget shouldn't show on the email notification you received and we'll address this issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork
chris_macartwork
Community Guru
7 of 10

Thanks Valeria. I thought it was a bit strange to have budget $0 showing. Be nice if you could also address the job recommendation bad fit.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 10

Hi Chris,

We have also shared the examples of jobs that were recommended to you with the team that's working on improving the algorithm.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
a_miroshnichenko
Community Leader
Alexandr M Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
9 of 10

Probably it's hourly jobs?

And as usual - the job recommendation is a total non fit for my skills.
- try to use direct search for jobs. I've spent approximately 20 hours in total to make it works well (not work recommendations, but direct search for jobs).
-It's also possible to tune jobs recommendations to work well, but I would not recommend spend time for this. If it works well for you - be happy, if not - use direct search.

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
10 of 10

“And as usual - the job recommendation is a total non fit for my skills.”

There has been considerable improvement in job recommendations.

For quite some time, most of the recommended jobs to me not only are relevant, but also alive.

"Certa bonum certamen"
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS