🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feature Request: Call Scheduling Sucks
Page options
Ismael G Community Member

Feature Request: Call Scheduling Sucks

So I have noticed that since I use Upwork's default ''Schedule a meeting'' button, WAY LESS people are scheduling calls than when I use calendly. I was wondering why. Then I read the Call Scheduling badge that pops up after I chose to become available and it says ''Ismael wants to schedule a meeting'' who wrote that text? A developer? Noone wants to comply with someone that ''wants to schedule a meeting'', that sounds boring and destructive to people's time.

I propose instead to call it a ''Free [customizable name] Call'' to illustrate its value. Also he BUTTON IS TINY, half the people cannot even see that ''here'' is actually the button to schedule the call.

I hate the fact that Upwork tries and force freelancers to use such system because it's terrible -_- also it does NOT allow us to have a daily limit on the people that schedule calls or a minimum time to pass before they schedule! Thoughts?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pradeep H Moderator

Noted on the button as well, Ismael. This has already been shared with the relevant team. Thank you!

- Pradeep

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pradeep H Moderator

Hello Ismael,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the default "Schedule a Meeting" button. I understand that you may find it inconvenient or limiting. However, I need to inform you that it is against our Terms of Service to use any scheduling tools that ask for or collect contact information before a contract is in place. This is to protect both you and your client. As an alternative, you can use the built-in Zoom meeting feature to communicate with your client directly on Upwork.

We are always looking for ways to improve our services and your feedback is greatly appreciated. I will pass your feedback on to our team. 

- Pradeep

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ok thanks for passing the feedback, also, the button is ridiculously small, people cannot see it here's proof of a prospect that LITERALLY did not see it

Pradeep H Moderator

Noted on the button as well, Ismael. This has already been shared with the relevant team. Thank you!

- Pradeep

Jesse A Community Member

I would not say this is "Solved"... The calendar interface is quite primitive, and Calendly integration just solves so many problems. I'm sure that Upwork and Calendly can work out a deal that lets Calendly comply with their TOS. Such a silly hill for Upwork to die on.

Hi Jesse, thanks for the contribution. It's definitely not solved, in the past weeks I have had clients reporting me that they just can't use this widget to schedule a call and on top of this, this scheduling widget does not allow to limit last minute calls schedules. I got clients booking calls 1 hr before the time -_- I am sure this has happened to you too

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members