cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi Vikas, The issue is being

Vikas S Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
1 of 22
Odesk has started showing even those projects on the contractor's public profile, for which 100% refund has been made, which inturn has affected the overall ratings in a big way..Is it a bug or a new update?
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
2 of 22
Its weird, my ratings are not affected but yes, I see the refunded contracts. Even the contract in which the client changed his mind a few hours after hiring (so he asked that I refund the upfront) is showing on my profile. I'm currently chatting with support now. Seems they don't know what it is either.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
3 of 22
The saddest part is that it is showing those projects on the upfront payment taken(which was refunded later)as the complete worth of the project, which can mislead and tarnish reputation, for ex - if for a project worth $100, one took $10 as an upfront payment, it is showing that project as a $10 value project, which can create a doubt in the employers mind about the price structure of the contractor.
Highlighted
Mellonie G Member Since: Jun 21, 2008
4 of 22
Hi Vikas, The issue is being looked into by the Technical Team and should be resolved soon.
Mellonie - Moderator | Help | Contact Support |
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
5 of 22
So is the standard reply for all the issues that have popping left, right, top, bottom and in between. One question that I don't think still having a reply is " Why on Earth is oDesk implementing all these "New Features" without testing them thoroughly before being implemented?".
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
6 of 22
[quote=Reynaldo M.] Why on Earth is oDesk implementing all these "New Features" without testing them thoroughly before being implemented?.[/quote] I have been wondering this myself. Apparently they have no QA Testing team in place. They just toss any old crap into production.
Community Guru
7 of 22
[quote=Margaret P.] QA Testing team in place. [/quote] Umm Maybe applicants for the job can't bid below $1 per hour?? or Fix priced??? Smiley Sad
8 of 22
Let's see how long does this "soon" takes as it is more than 36 hours before that was messed up...
Community Guru
9 of 22
"Soon" is relative. "Soon" for you and me can be an Hour to a Day, but to others it might take Forever.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
10 of 22
and the quality of the fix is relative. they will likely fix part of it so it's fine for some people but not others - then walk away to start clearing up the next mad robot project
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS