🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback/Review not showing up on my profile?
Page options
d098e5be
Community Member

Feedback/Review not showing up on my profile?

Hi, dear Upwork team!

I see there is a common issue among freelancers' profiles and that is clients' feedback not showing on their profiles for the public or other clients' view.

As you can see from the attached screenshots, I have two jobs completed for a client with the feedback on the last one, which shows on my profile when I am logged in, but not showing in the public view mode. This feedbacks are very crucial for the few first jobs on any platform which unfortunately are missing from most of the freelancers' profile.

I hope this gets fixed.

7 REPLIES 7
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mustafa,

The purpose of our logged-out site is to give prospective clients and freelancers a feel for what Upwork has to offer so that they can decide whether to join our platform; it is not intended to reflect all the jobs and all the profiles available on Upwork. That's the role of the logged-in site, which is only visible to our registered users. Please note that some jobs are originally posted as private or visible to logged-in Upwork users only. Contracts formed based on those job postings will also not show in the visitor's view of your profile for privacy reasons.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thanks for the reply. I get your point but what I am saying here is that most of the freelancers complain about the feedbacks not showing on their profiles, and then there is someone from the Upwork team who regenerates their profile manually, and then it gets fixed.

If you check the other freelancers' profiles you will see that at least 10 feedbacks are shown on their profile for public view. But mine on left shows 2 completed jobs, but on the right shows 1 completed job which doesn't include the job with the client's feedback in the logged-out mode according to you.

Hi Mustafa,

I can generate your profile manually, but it won't help at all. We generate profiles to show feedback for logged-in users when the feedback is missing, but the contracts that are posted as private or visible to logged-in users only, it won't show unless the user is logged in.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Please give it a try with manual regeneration and let's see what happens.

Thank you

petra_r
Community Member

Mustafa S wrote:

Please give it a try with manual regeneration and let's see what happens.

Please don't waste Aleksander's time. Nothing will happen. The site is functioning exactly as designed. 

When clients choose not to make a job post public (by choosing "invite only" or "Upwork users only" as the visibility), then any contracts that arise from such job posts are not visible to the general public to respect the client's privacy choices.

Also, contracts don't show on the profile until after payment has been processed.

d098e5be
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Please don't waste Aleksander's time. Nothing will happen. The site is functioning exactly as designed. 

"It's good to be helpful to others and have positive inputs, as such inputs are appreciated by everyone"

Communities like these are designed for such type of discussion to help either in fixing things when they are not functioning as they should or when someone needs some guidance in the right direction.

petra_r
Community Member

Mustafa S wrote: ... in fixing things when they are not functioning as they should or when someone needs some guidance in the right direction.

Your profile IS functioning as it should. Aleksander explained it to you. As did I. 

There is NOTHING to fix.

Mustafa S wrote: when someone needs some guidance in the right direction.

You now had guidance in the right direction twice. I trust you now understand it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members