cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback score drops after five star rating?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Fatima A Member Since: Sep 26, 2013
1 of 4

So, I'm not entirely sure how a couple of these scores are calculated. I've been keeping an eye on them because I want to improve them. My feedback rating used to be 4.81 and my percentage of long-term clients was 50%. I completed a small job for a repeat client yesterday, and she gave me 5 stars. So you'd think maybe those numbers would move up a smidge. But instead, my feedback rating immediately dropped to 4.41 (this morning it's mysteriously bumped up to 4.48--still LESS than 4.81) and my percentage of long-term clients dropped to 42%. Could someone explain to me how these scores are calculated? :/

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 4

Hi Fatima,

JSS and other stats can change not only because of recent activity but also your activity over a longer period of time. Average star score you see on your My Stats page is calculated over the last 12 months. So if a positive feedback from over 12 months ago falls off the calculation, it may cause drop in your average score. 

Similarly, your long-term clients percentage can change if some relationships fall of the calculation. Of the clients you’ve worked with in the past year, this metric shows the percentage of clients you worked with for at least three months.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
3 of 4

Valeria,

My impression is that there can be no expectation that recent activity will affect the JSS—it appears, for better or worse, in all three calculation windows, no?

So is it not the case that a rise or fall in JSS is much more likely to be due to a change at the six-month, 12-month, or 24-month event horizon than to anything more recent?

Best,

Michael

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 4

Michael,

It depends on individual Work History. Changes in JSS can be caused by recent contract outcomes, older feedback or long-term relationship falling off of the calculation, change of the the six-month, 12-month, or 24-month window or the combination of these and other factors.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS