🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » First Job inquiry/hourly job
Page options
926f33cd
Community Member

First Job inquiry/hourly job

I'm working now on my first job, but the client didn't open any contract or provided me an offer, we just chatted about work and I'm supposed to deliver my first batch in few hours. Is that okay or shall be other steps he should do?
Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Amna O wrote:

I'm working now on my first job, but the client didn't open any contract or provided me an offer, we just chatted about work and I'm supposed to deliver my first batch in few hours. Is that okay or shall be other steps he should do?

Stop working until you were properly hired. Do you have an offer showing on your Proposals Page? 

Tell the client that you will do the work once you were hired. If you are not hired, you could not get paid even if the client intended to pay you, which is doubtful.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Amna O wrote:

Stop working until you were properly hired. Do you have an offer showing on your Proposals Page? 

Tell the client that you will do the work once you were hired. If you are not hired, you could not get paid even if the client intended to pay you, which is doubtful.

926f33cd
Community Member

No. Offers is 0. I already messaged him to make a contract and I'm waiting to consume working. Thank you.
Another inquiry, it is a one-hour task, should he end the contract once I deliver so that I can be paid?

Since it is hourly, client don't need to end contract before you are paid. But he need to end contract on his side so you can get feedback..hope this helps.
petra_r
Community Member

Amna O wrote:

No. Offers is 0. I already messaged him to make a contract and I'm waiting to consume working. Thank you.
Another inquiry, it is a one-hour task, should he end the contract once I deliver so that I can be paid?

You don't HAVE a contract, so there is nothing to end.

926f33cd
Community Member

Yes, I got you first time. I mean after making the contract/offer and then I accept. When work is done and i deliver it, he will be the one to end the contract to complete the job right?

petra_r
Community Member

Amna O wrote:

Yes, I got you first time. I mean after making the contract/offer and then I accept. When work is done and i deliver it, he will be the one to end the contract to complete the job right?

I don't think he will be offering any contract. But in general, on hourly contracts, as long as you use the Upwork tracker to track your working time, you get paid automatically according to the hours the tracker recorded.

Of course, you can't track your hours when you haven't been hired, so any time you work is unpaid...

926f33cd
Community Member

Thanks for your answers, Petra.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members