🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » First bad feedback in the history of work (To...
Page options
olga_krav
Community Member

First bad feedback in the history of work (Top Rated, 99% JSS)

Hello! Hope for your answers! Yesterday one client gave me a bad review. This is the first time in the history of my work. I disagree with him, because I did everything that he wrote in the job description, but he said that this was not what he wanted. I asked him to show  me examples of what he liked, after which I redid the job. He said that it was ok, but then he added that he would not leave me a good review and that it wasn’t worth $ 30, that the font was simple (oh my god, what a lot of money! (Sarcasm)). Sorry, boiling hot. I wrote, no problem, let me change the font and in general, everything that you don't like. But he said no, just send me the source file (although there was still enough time to work). After that, he immediately closed the contract and left me a terrible review. I'm very sad, I think that he is wrong. After all, if he had any preferences for the design, he could write to me, especially since I asked about this before accepting an offer, but he didn't have them! In general, I ask you for advice, because such situation with me for the first time. What is better to do? Return the 30 dollars to him and then his review will be deleted? Or because I'm top reted, request an upvork to delete his review? But in my opinion both that and the other will reduce my jss .. I'm very upset that my profile, in which all the good reviews are now tainted with one bad and unfair .. And I'm afraid that this could be a problem in getting a new job. This amount of money is not worth it.. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Luce N wrote:

I would do it now and forget about it!

Me too. Make sure you ask them to remove your response too.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
luce-neidert
Community Member

Olga, you are Top Rated, you can have that bad feedback dealt with.

This is one of the Top Rated perks: "Option to periodically remove one job’s feedback from profile and Job Success Score".

Thank you for your answer! What do you think it's better to remove it right now or wait and check the jss after the update?

petra_r
Community Member

Olga K wrote:

Return the 30 dollars to him and then his review will be deleted? Or because I'm top reted, request an upvork to delete his review? But in my opinion both that and the other will reduce my jss ..

The top rated perk allows you to remove the feedback AND the effect on your JSS, provided you haven't used it in 3 months and 10 contracts.

Use your perk, then move on. Such clients exist, we all come across them from time to time.

Yes, thanks.. What is your opinion: it's better to remove it right now or wait and check the jss after the update?

Luce N wrote:

Me too. Make sure you ask them to remove your response too.

Thank you so much for the answers and support! I think this is the best solution!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members