🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Price Clarification
Page options
864c2f55
Community Member

Fixed Price Clarification

I'm working on a fixed price project that keeps updating its milestones along with the job updates, but I'm still confused with Upwork regarding the provision of fixed prices into the freelancer account, this is done around 5 security days. Well but, my first and second milestone payment that entered Get Paid was only $9? Even though the client has been paid $15 and $10, how is this actually? Please clarify and confirm, please provide clarity for the future as well. Thank you in advance.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

5 REPLIES 5
bobafett999
Community Member

You will get paid only for funded milestones and after approval from buyer.  Don't work on unfunded milestone and don't give any work.  If the buyer doesn't want to pay you he will keep on asking for revisions. unless you have specified in your contract that you will only do XXX revisions.  Always submit work using submit button and sit back.  Don't bother the buyer.  If he does nothing and if the milestone is funded you will get paid automatically.

You should read up on the resources upwork has provided and the sticky thread by Jeanne.

thank you in advance, the buyer has given his funds with paid status, then the difference with funded is what sir? and I have sent the work via email directly, because in upwork there is also no submit button, only uploads while I have sent it via email buyer and it is real not made up.

864c2f55
Community Member

can you please share me for the link of related resources, Sir?

yofazza
Community Member

It should be clear in here: https://www.upwork.com/nx/reports/overview/?tab=in-progress

How much $ in each tab?

Don't know where that $9 come from, it doesn't match with the fees or even the new tax rule (did you put your TIN/NPWP already?)

there is also no submit button

There IS a submit button for fixed price jobs, you do need to click it everytime you've done with a task. Click the button instead of asking the client, the button's purpose IS to "report" a task is complete and start a timer for the client to either release the payment or request revision.

In your case the client is nice and release the money by themself.

File upload is not required.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hanom,

Here is Upwork's article on how to get paid for fixed contracts:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063718-Get-Paid-for-Fixed-Price-Contracts

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members