🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fixed Price or Hourly or close the contract
Page options
thefilmygirl
Community Member

Fixed Price or Hourly or close the contract

I took up a fixed-price gig a few days back. The client told me that it would be a long-term thing (8 graphics per month for 6 months or so). But when I saw the content, it was 11 graphics and the client then requested to pick up the other 3 graphics as well because his client has already approved for the content. I asked him to set up a new hourly contract or a new milestone, so he created a new milestone for the extra work..but once I submitted my work..I ended up doing more revisions than we agreed because that work was for his client and she is a perfectionist. The milestones finally got approved.

The client has again pinged me asking me to design 1 post and how much I'll charge for that.

The problem is I'm not sure if I should continue with this  - random requirements and more revisions, or just give some excuse and close the contract

I don't think he is ready for the hourly contract because I had asked him to set up an hourly contract for the extra work he asked me for, but he asked me the cost and created a new milestone. Please guide.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
a485ff2e
Community Member

It is better to close the contract, as the revisions should be limited only to what was initially agreed upon. The client not opting for an hourly contract clearly puts you at a disadvantage, as he can always delay paying for the funded milestone and instead request revisions.    

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
a485ff2e
Community Member

It is better to close the contract, as the revisions should be limited only to what was initially agreed upon. The client not opting for an hourly contract clearly puts you at a disadvantage, as he can always delay paying for the funded milestone and instead request revisions.    

wlyonsatl
Community Member

If an hourly contract is what you want from this clueless client don't settle for a fixed price contract.

He isn't going to change his stripes otherwise. But he may just go away.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members