cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Foreign Inward Remittances Certificate

Yumna T Member Since: Jul 12, 2015
11 of 35

How did you solve this problem, can you guide please? I am having the same problem.

Syed Waqas B Member Since: Mar 26, 2016
12 of 35

No, I was not able to.... I left the idea all together when my bank told me that to get a foreign account I not only have to file my tax but also show the source of income if dollars worth more than 10 Lake Rs/year.
If you are able to solve this later, do let me know... Maybe I open a foreign currency account and save few dollars withdrawing money from Upwork. Smiley Happy

Muhammad Waqas I Member Since: Jul 14, 2019
13 of 35

reading the whole discussion, it seems that one needs to

1. change the method to "Wire transfer" so the next transactions show that these are remittances
  2. Apply for Proceeds Realisation Certificate (PRC) for the previous transactions (in case the previous method is "Direct to Local bank (PKR)"). If PRC certificate is available then that will provide the proof that these were foriegn remittances
Syed Waqas B Member Since: Mar 26, 2016
14 of 35

Hi, Nand Kumar...
How did you solve this issue? 
Reading the payoneer forum, I realized that this kind of transfer "1Link-Atm Inter Bank Transfer", is called "home remittence". In this case the word "Inter Bank Transfer" itself suggests that this is a foreign trasnsfer. Will our bank not able to provide the proof that it is? Why is it not a normal banking channel? How did you solve this issue?

Muhammad A Member Since: May 2, 2017
15 of 35

Have you somehow solved the issue? I am having the same issue to file the tax.

Asad A Member Since: Dec 13, 2015
16 of 35

Hi Nand, 

Did you get any solution for this? Were you getting the payment directly from Upwork to your bank OR you were using Payoneer?

Highlighted
Muhammad S Member Since: Dec 16, 2018
17 of 35
Hey All,
I was able to get PRC's from my bank. The transaction reference always show, 1 link ATM transfer in description. To me it all depends upon the person, who is taking care of your request. For example, I have an account in SCB, I filed a request for PRC's in their multan branch, few days later some of their representative informed me that these are not remittances. Then I filed request in their lahore branch, and they arranged the PRC's.
Shah F Member Since: Dec 18, 2015
18 of 35

Solution -  as our friends mentioned issues i face same problem at HBL and then other baner but there are few issues with Local Wire transfer PKR . Conversion rate+ no remittance proof .

So from 2018 i change my fund transfer to Direct Wire Transfer to transfer USD to your account . its Cost you $30 but your bank will give you best conversion rate and will be a proof of remittane too.  your account transaction will be reflect "Inward Transfer"

you can calculate and compair your both transactions rate Local Funds Transfer and Direct Wire Tansfer .

Direct transfer will USD to your account  and your bank will convert to PKR with current Buying rate if your account is PKR. if your account is USD then will deposite USD to your account .

one draw back is Direct wire transfer takes 3 days to process while Local Fund Transfer directly deposite in your account with in few hours .

Fraz A Member Since: Sep 21, 2010
19 of 35

Although I have not used Upwork for many years soon I am going to withdraw some amount from Payoneer to my bank. I was researching the issue and stumbled upon this post. I also found the solution that may help you guys:

https://www.quora.com/Payoneer-withdrawal-to-local-Pakistani-banks-is-classified-as-ATM-Transfer-and...

Shah F Member Since: Dec 18, 2015
20 of 35

USD wire transfer is bestway to keep your transaction as Remittances and you can declaer your earning as Remittances when you file your returns to your tax department .

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS