🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Free architectural design scam warning
Page options
studioconstantin
Community Member

Free architectural design scam warning

Hello

I just wanted to share with you what i have recently noticed about a common scam from some clients requiring architectural design but this could happend in any field.

Basically the client will contact you for the interview and  will keep asking for advices and design ideeas during the interview without agreeing nor rejecting your contract terms.

After a while the client might even send you some of his sketches (which he/she probably got from another designer) to review.

In the end the client can easily get some good draft design solutition which can be either detailed outside Upwork or even using a much lower price contract involving just CAD drafting the sketches.

A good warning sign is to check client job history and never  give free design consultations during the interview phase.

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Constantin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please know that you should not provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. You can check this post for the freelancer resources we compiled and tips for avoiding questionable jobs that we put together to help freelancers make decisions whether to work with a client or not. You can use the Cover Letter field, to send a proposal to the client and let them know how you can help them with the project. You can also share some of your skills and experience that are relevant to their project.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members