🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Freedom to edit our sent proposal at leas...
Page options
niharikasharma_
Community Member

Freedom to edit our sent proposal at least once

Upwork must give us a one time freedom atleast to edit our sent proposal. Or maybe it must be allowed once, within some time limit.

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Niharika S wrote:

Upwork must give us a one time freedom atleast to edit our sent proposal. Or maybe it must be allowed once, within some time limit.

They "must?" It "must?"

You can always withdraw and apply again.

jatinder1247
Community Member

Hello Niharika,

They Can do this easily, but as per my perception this feature is not required, you must apply or submit your proposal perfectly at first hit. because if this feature given by Upwork. then many can misuse this feature, by just applying with different proposal & later on change that.

Many Thanks

JATINDER

joansands
Community Member

Since when is Upwork required - or "must" do anything - other than what is in their Terms of Service?

Hi all,

Based on the post owner’s other forum posts, I’m 99% certain that the ‘must’ is a translation issue. I’m also fairly certain she is trying to say that allowing freelancers to edit their proposals would be beneficial. Let’s blame Google Translate for the ‘must’.

That’s said, I sent a proposal this last week and later saw a typo and just about wanted to die from embarrassment. Like....I get that we are all human and make mistakes, but would it have killed me to go grab coffee and then proofread before submitting? Apparently. >.<
datasciencewonk
Community Member

Let's turn this around to see if you'd agree with this statement (since we're throwing around "musts" and all):

Freelancers MUST be more conscientious about their initial proposals prior to sending them to clients. 

Kat - If I was writing something like that for some area of Upwork, I would write, "Freelancers should be careful to proofread their proposals before sending them to clients because (blah blah blah)." It seems awfully authoritarian to say that anyone just must do something or other. Sort of like Orwell's 1984.

Actually I'm kind of fascinated to find out what is going to happen if Upwork does not acquiesce to the original poster's demands.

But yeah... I agree that there is such a thing as proofreading.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths