🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Geting paid according to the proposal...
Page options
wiktormuzyk
Community Member

Geting paid according to the proposal...

Question from my side:
what should I do if the proposal for a job was more than the signed contract?
For example, I recently received a proposal for a job with a payment of $30. I asked for the contract, and it was sent to me, but it only showed $5 in escrow for the job, which was taken as one milestone. I completed the job and uploaded it, but since then, I have not received any response from the client.
I can wait for the $5 to be released from escrow, but it's not the full payment I was promised in the proposal. How should I approach this kind of behaviour?

4 REPLIES 4
spectralua
Community Member

You will receive your 5. Nothing else. It is one of Upwork tricks for scammers.  Next time never start works a while it won't be fully prefunded.

abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

It's important to clarify the terms of the job with your client before starting the work to avoid any misunderstandings about payment. In this case, it seems like there was a discrepancy between the proposal and the contract.

If the proposal clearly stated that the payment for the job was $30, and the contract only shows $5 in escrow, you should contact the client and ask for an explanation. It's possible that there was a miscommunication or mistake on their end, and they may be willing to rectify the situation.

In your communication with the client, be professional and courteous, and provide specific details about the proposal and the contract. You could say something like, "I noticed that the proposal for this job indicated a payment of $30, but the contract only shows $5 in escrow. Can you please provide clarification on the payment for this job?"

If the client is unresponsive or unwilling to address the issue, you could consider disputing the payment with Upwork. However, it's important to have clear evidence of the agreement between you and the client, such as the proposal and any messages discussing payment.

Overall, it's always best to clarify the terms of a job before starting the work, and to document all agreements in writing to avoid any disputes later on.

bundie702
Community Member

Sometimes clients genuinely forget to put the full or milestone amount in escrow. Always pay attention and if it's incorrect, ask them to rectify the situation before you accept the contract. If they object, don't accept. But since you accepted the contract at the incorrect lower amount, I'm afraid you're stuck... 

Lazy clients always prefunding 100%, it is default option. To prefund small amount you need to take additional action.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members