🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Getting a clear view on the progress made by ...
Page options
e250d4b0
Community Member

Getting a clear view on the progress made by your proposal

Hi there everyone ! 

I'm new to UpWork and I'm a legal counsel based in Paris.

I'm specialed in finance and corporate law. 

I've submitted 6 proposals already but have no way to message de job poster or see the progress of my file.Moreover I cannot seem to get in touch with the UpWork Platform itself to ask this question.

Are you able to help, please? 

Thank you and have a great day ahead ! 

8 REPLIES 8
759e32fa

Hi Diana,

Thank you for reaching out. You can go to this page and scroll down to "Analytics" to monitor your stats.

Select proposals on the drop-down list:

759e32fa_0-1680468152882.png

As for checking the status of each of your proposals, go to this page.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie Jane, 

I've done so and it seems that even though I've submitted 6 proposals, I've only gotten one view.

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards, 

d9fc6d8d
Community Member

You cannot contact the job poster unless they decide to interview you.

celgins
Community Member

The best proposal submission statistics you can get are those that AJ pointed out.

Even if there was a way to message clients after submitting a proposal, I would advise against it. Most clients don't read every proposal and they certainly wouldn't read follow-up messages. I think about it like this: If Upwork allowed freelancers to send follow-up messages, most would send them and clients would likely receive 50+ follow-up messages in addition to the 50+ proposals that came before.

Aside from that, six proposals may seem like a lot, but you will have to send many more before landing your first job. Since you're in the legal profession, your first job may come much sooner than those in skills categories like data entry, web development or graphic design, where new freelancers often go for several months without their first job.

If you are agreeable to feedback, there are a few things in your profile that could be updated, which might convince a few clients to view your full profile when they see your cover letters.

e250d4b0
Community Member

Dear Clark, 

Thanks a lot for your answer. Nevertheless my aim is not to send reminders or relaunch clients, rather to make sure they've acknowledged the proposal.

I'm, of course, open to feedback if you've got the time, I would be super grateful.

Best regards, 

celgins
Community Member

Hi Diana,

My only suggestions are regarding your profile title, skills and project catalog.

Title: Your title is unique, but I think it needs some spacing and should capture your occupation (Legal Counsel) and specializations (Finance | Corporate Law). It doesn't appear that "company setup" and "capital increase" are common phrases most clients will use to search. Take a look at profile titles listed when clients search for lawyer, legal counsel, legal research, legal drafting or finance law in France (and elsewhere), and then look at your title:

Attorney & Legal Consultant (Businesses and Individuals)
 Legal Counsel in French Law | Specialized in Business Law
 Outside General Counsel and Transactional Attorney
 Paris Bar Licensed Attorney - Legal, Paralegal, Legal Translation
 Legal Counsel | Lawyer
 Corporate & Contract Law | IPR | Pharma & Health Law | AI & Tech
 Legal Consulting & Research | Blockchain, Crypto, Tech Law
 Finance, Securities, Corporate, and Business Attorney
 Legal Counsel | Regulatory Compliance Expert | MLRO
Your title ➔Company setup. Contract&corporate documents drafting. Capital increase

You don't have to remove every phrase in your title, but I think it should, at a minimum, capture your occupation. Along with your profile photo and name, the title is the first thing clients see, so you want it to make an impact.

Overview/Summary: Very good opening line!: "Keep it simple. We demystify and declutter bureaucracy and legislation."

Skills: You have two really good, specific skills categories listed, but I think you should add a few more. The biggest reason to use relevant skills categories is so prospective clients can find you when searching for freelancers with your specific skills, and so Upwork’s matching algorithms can better match you with jobs. The skills categories should only be added if they are relevant to your work, and I'm thinking you could add: Corporate Law , Finance & Law and Tender Document.

Project Catalog: If you haven't already, you should consider setting up a project catalog. The project catalog allows you to setup pre-packaged legal services that clients can choose to buy, without you sending a proposal. Due to a higher than normal volume of project catalog requests, it takes 10+ business days to get your project reviewed and approved, so you might as well start now! 😀 Read Get Started With Project Catalog for more information.

e250d4b0
Community Member

Dear Clark, 

Thank you so much. It's rare to receive such valuable help for free. 

I'm not versed on marketing on visibility/selling either.

Just starting.

You see, I try my best but sometimes I am not able to see objectively.

I am free to help out with anything you need as well, if and whenver you do.

Best, 

Good luck as well in your endeavours 

celgins
Community Member

Thanks Diana.

Your profile is on the right track. Keep applying for jobs; you will eventually win some!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members