🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Give them an inch and they ask for a mile
Page options
c2ac131d
Community Member

Give them an inch and they ask for a mile

I had been doing revisions for this client two weeks after the contract ended (they wanted it 'just' right). It was a long and tedious process, requiring at least 2 hours of work every day. (I did the revisions because I felt it was my responsibility to see the project through after investing almost 4 months into it.)

Today, when I thought that we were finally done with the revisions, the client says that there are grammatical errors on EVERY SINGLE PAGE! (The content was copied as is from the script they provided, plus they had more than 1 month to spot these mistakes when this project was ongoing).

I explained that it is days' worth of work; they asked for the original files to do the 'edit' themselves. I gave them the files, but they are not able to edit. They 'demand' I do the revisions as it is only a 'few minutes' worth of work.

This client had changed the price of the contract by changing the price of each milestone ($72.8, $41.2, etc.). So the final payment was short of $100. On top of that, I had asked for feedback three times. Nothing.

This is one of those situations where you give them an inch, and they ask for a mile. (Just felt like sharing this experience 🙂 

1 REPLY 1
cca13f63
Community Member

Sarvanshi B wrote:

I had been doing revisions for this client two weeks after the contract ended.

The contract ended because the work was done. Why is it your responsibility after that? Why did not YOU or THEM check the files before ending the contract? Always start your work after the payment is shifted to Escrow and make sure it is the same amount you agreed.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members