🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Giving back the money to the client
Page options
mistos
Community Member

Giving back the money to the client

Hi,

A client I'm working with released a milestone for the next project which I will not take anymore, They are already in pending mode, but I want to return them back to him. Can someone kindly explain to me how can I do that, and would that affect negatively my profile in any way ?

Regards,

2 REPLIES 2
colettelewis
Community Member

Mohamad M wrote:

Hi,

A client I'm working with released a milestone for the next project which I will not take anymore, They are already in pending mode, but I want to return them back to him. Can someone kindly explain to me how can I do that, and would that affect negatively my profile in any way ?

Regards,

You must wait until the funds are in your account, and then go to the contract concerned where you will see the option to refund. It could affect your JSS, but this depends on the circumstances. I recently refunded a sum to a client who had overfunded esccrow. I don't think this has affected my JSS. 

kat303
Community Member

Mohamad M wrote:

Hi,

Regards,

------------------

If you are refunding ALL funds that you received for this job, then yes it will count as a job with no money earned and will affect your JSS.

But,

If this milestone is in addition to other payments you've received and is sort of an upfront payment (because it's been released before you even started working) then no it won't affect your JSS. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths