cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good bye jobs

Alicia K Member Since: Oct 13, 2011
1 of 13
I used to make a living on this site from recurring clients as well as new ones. I haven't received an interview in months. Transcription clients expect 60 minutes for $2. What gives, oDesk? You used to be tolerable a year ago.
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 13
I have gotten very few invitations to interviews when I used to get several a week. Even more frustrating are the ones that post willing to pay higher rates and then they ask you to cut your rate by half. I have applied to a lot of those.
"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Najie B Member Since: Oct 8, 2013
3 of 13
Yes, that's true. Just ignore those posting because other clients are willing to pay fair price for transcription projects. I had 4 contracts and now they were all paused right now because we don't have anything to do yet. Now I am looking for a job but 20/20 never respond. While checking each of these applications no one has been interviewed yet. One sure thing here is to learn new skills as much as you can.
Amanda C Member Since: Apr 2, 2013
4 of 13
I've also noticed that it's gotten worse the last few months.
Olivier P Member Since: Dec 28, 2011
5 of 13
hi everybody it is the same situation for me no job at all
Najie B Member Since: Oct 8, 2013
6 of 13
Same situation here. I've been struggling to find a job, I am laid off for about 2-3 weeks and it is not good ofcourse Smiley Sad
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
7 of 13
Seems we are all being hidden.
Kathy L Member Since: Oct 29, 2007
8 of 13
For the first time in 7 years I haven't had a job interview in months. I can usually get a job, but no luck at all. My ratings score is high, I haven't gone up on prices...I don't understand what has changed.
Ace Contributor
Kristen B Member Since: May 20, 2009
9 of 13
Here's how you get a job on here. Take the $13 away from the $13.33/hr that you charge here and what do you get? .33 cents Charge .33 cents per hour and maybe, just maybe you'll get a job offer.
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
10 of 13
I suspect that because of your feedback scores, you're being hidden when you apply for jobs. This whole feedback is so subjective. I had one client give me a 4.5 and he thought that was a really high score. When I explained to him the damage that would do to me, and gave him the option to change it, he ranked me a 5 out of 5. Try talking to your previous employers and see if they'll change your scores. Many will when then understand the situation.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS