🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Google Doc Interview Form
Page options
business901
Community Member

Google Doc Interview Form

I have always stayed away from completing forms on Google Docs as part of a job description. Mostly becuase most of them felt like surveys escpecially whne they were couple with high fixed-base offers (link bait).

But 2x in the last 2 days I have been asked to compelte Google forms by reputable companies as part of the interview process. Before even seeing the questions, they request name, email, and phone number. 

The process seems to me a violation of the Upwork Terms and though I want to apply, not sure it is worth spending 6 contacts to tell them that. In fact, since the Google Doc link is in the job description I can bypass the entire Upwork process and not use the 6 contacts.  

Any suggestions for next steps? 

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with the links to the job posts you're referring to? I'll check that for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "But 2x in the last 2 days I have been asked to compelte Google forms by reputable companies as part of the interview process. Before even seeing the questions, they request name, email, and phone number."

I do not know that this is true.

How do I know that these invites aren't coming from scammers who are simply copying the names of large companies and claiming they represent those companies?

Also, if a company is large and (in your opinion) "reputable", but it is violating Upwork rules in their hiring process... does the size of the company mean that breaking those rules is okay?

That is a philosophical and rhetorical question. You don't need to answer it. Personally, I think that any "client" asking you to fill out a Google Doc as part of an "interview" process on Upwork is almost certainly a scammer and is not actually someone who plans to pay you money.

But I could be wrong...

Preston,

Thank you for your reply. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members