🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Heart Wrenching
Page options
prwork
Community Member

Heart Wrenching

Why I am not even getting responds to my proposals. 

I have submitted almost 15+ proposals after purchasing connects.

But I haven't got any respond back.

What should I do

Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

4 REPLIES 4
syedali989
Community Member

You have to update your profile and change strategy for send proposals . Hunt a potential client  and send proposal if you found a job post having under 5 proposals then send there your proposal if a job post having above 5 proposals don't send your proposal.

Syed Ali Abbas

Syed Ali Abbas Z wrote:

... send proposal if you found a job post having under 5 proposals then send there your proposal if a job post having above 5 proposals don't send your proposal.

Terrible advice.  Many qualified freelancers get hired from posts with more than 5 proposals.  If you're limiting yourself like this, it's no wonder you have 0 jobs on your own profile. 

NadaN
Staff
Staff

Hi Prasad,

Thank you for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear you aren't getting responses to your proposals! Here are a few helpful tips to take into consideration when writing a cover letter:

• Proofread your cover letters! If you'd like to add extra polish, you might want to consider using Grammarly (from Grammarly.com). I use this myself and really like it because it's free and it offers a Chrome add-on so it works in webmail, messages, proposals, and more.

• Instead of spending a lot of time searching for projects and sending numerous proposals, it might help if you spend less time sending a lower number of proposals that have high quality.

• Our research shows you’re more likely to have success with a custom-tailored proposal. Describe how you will meet each of the client's needs. This includes location, skills, language & communication abilities, past experience, education, and anything else the client notes that is important to them. If relevant, include links or attachments to samples from your portfolio. This shows the client you are capable of completing their project. You can also check this article about writing a successful cover letter.

• Lastly, here's another great resource that can help you: Proposals That SellEnglish. Increase your chances to win more projects by learning how to grab clients’ attention with a customized proposal.

Good luck!

Best,
Nadja N, Talent Success Partner

Respectfully:

15 proposals is a small number for someone just starting out.

Many freelancers come here and achieve significant success after a much larger number of initial no-hire proposals.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members