🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help me get my work money
Page options
Farahdama A Community Member

Help me get my work money

Hi Upwork! You can call me Farah, so on December 24th 2023 I looked for freelance work on the Upwork application, from that application I got my first client, then we moved to the Telegram application for work briefs etc., (someone named **Edited for community guidelines** tell me to contact them via telegram) until then on December 28 I finished my work and he then sent the payment to my bank account. At first I just believed, but it's been more than a week until today (12 January 2024) my money hasn't arrived yet, I asked back and forth to my local bank and also the client's local bank when my money would arrive because they claimed that usually international transfer only took a maximum of 1 week. However, then this client said that I had to deposit $100 into his office's generator link so that my money could be disbursed immediately, so then my money and the deposit would be disbursed at the same time, the use of the deposit is for currency exchange... is this a scam? Please respond and help me resolve this.

2 REPLIES 2
Ubah C Community Member

This is, without a doubt, 100% a scam. The work was fictitious. I hope you did not send the scammer any money because they never intended to send you any money.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Farahdama,

As a gentle reminder, please note that users cannot offer and accept payments outside of Upwork since this is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Additionally, users cannot communicate off Upwork until a contract has been set up on your account (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it).

It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

In the meantime, you may also want to read up on this Community article and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork.
~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members