cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me understand this thing

Sourav S Member Since: Nov 8, 2016
1 of 5

OK, in this job, if you go to the Activity on this Job section, you will see Hires:1

https://www.upwork.com/jobs/_~011b4fd421035db21a/

Does that mean that the client has already hired soneone and I should not bid on this job anymore?

If the client has already hired someone and I should not bid on it anymore then should not this job be removed from the lists?

Thank you

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

I can see at least 5 reasons why you shouldn't bid on that job post.

The "1 hired" is the least important one of them.

Sourav S Member Since: Nov 8, 2016
3 of 5

Hello Petra, Nice to see you.

Could you please explain in more details about that Hired in the Activity on this Job section.

And also could you kindly explain whay I should not take up that job.

Thanks for all your help

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 5

@Sourav S wrote:

Hello Petra, Nice to see you.

1) Could you please explain in more details about that Hired in the Activity on this Job section.

2) And also could you kindly explain whay I should not take up that job.

1) It means the client hired someone but if you look at the history you see the person who was hired has already been fired or left (after 10 hours)

2) It doesn't seem a fit for your skills according to your profile, I do not like the client's feedback history, the rate on offer is far less than your rate, don't like the client's rates paid previously, someone's already been hired and it didn't work out.

Community Guru
Charles K Member Since: Mar 6, 2017
5 of 5

I'll add my 2c to Petra's excellent advice...

1. The client wants a ridiculous range of skills not consistent with what he's likely to pay. He wants a writer (in multiple unrelated topics), editor, admin assistant, graphic designer, social media expert, and God knows what else that you'll only find out about after you get hired. It's a setup for failure. I'm a polymath with decades of work experience and even I don't have all of the skills the guy wants. And he wants all of that for peanuts.

2. The client just exudes a bad attitude from how the job listing is written. This is one of those "gut things" you develop after reading thousands of listings and dealing with hundreds of clients. It's not bad, and it can even be good, for a client to be specific about what he wants in a listing. But phrases like these, combined with what Petra observed about the last person being fired, are red flags:

- "very easy"

- "perfect English" (which, of course, he doesn't possess himself)

- "If there is a single typo in your application to me, I will not respond."

Etc.

Life is too short to waste on people who are going to treat you like crap.

Even as a perfectionist at heart, I won't even TOUCH any job that contains the word "perfect" in it. Perfection is for your deity of choice -- all we humans can do is our best.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS