🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Help
Page options
ded8ed1a
Community Member

Help

hello guys, I need your help, have you heard of this bank "trustauthy bank"?

27 REPLIES 27
hoyle_editing
Community Member

WHY? is a client asking you to pay money??? the ONLY bank account you should be dealing with is YOURS and thats between YOU AND UPWORK

If a client is talking about bank accounts ect, then it is ANOTHER SCAM report it immediately.

it told me that i have to pay 200$ for a cashback code, is it true, where can i get that code, or buy it?

Tony - this is NOT true

you have been scammed, or are about to be scammed

Working off the platform is a ToS violation, and as such you can be (and should be) banned

Do NOT pay a single penny, report the job post immediately, do not speak to the client or give them any work. 

also, dont expect Upwork to help you if you are being scammed off platform.

Why on earth would anyone even slightly think that paying money to recieve payment is normal?

They paid me $3,500 but to get them out of that bank I have to pay $800 which they then reimburse me 

Screenshot_20230623_152453_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230623_152714_org.telegram.messenger.jpg

So this is the proof that you have started communicating with the client off upwork? 

IT IS A SCAM - DO NOT PAY A PENNY

Let me guess - this is a picture of the money in an account that they sent you? 

IT IS FAKE - IT IS A SCAM - DO NOT PAY

Second thoughts, pay what you want - you have done it off platform, and its people violating upwork ToS that are a big part of the scammer problem. Maybe once you loose all your money to scammers and get no help from upwork as you violated ToS it will maybe one less freelancer that should not be here!

i wish i could have consulted you before i paid to yhem..the same texted they forwarded me that 100 samples be copied and transfer it to pdf..i paid them for receiving my own..but they took all of them

Whoa! Tony's walking straight into a trap!

If you refuse to listen, don't come crying later. Don't let money blind you.

Let me try to involve someone official or the support

Look at this..they took all my money 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Tony, you are not making sense.

First, you said you had to pay $200

Now, its $800

and you say they have already paid you $3500????

IT IS A SCAM - DO NOT PAY ANYTHING

more to the point, why on earth are you asking here? did you get this client from Upwork?

to be more clear, I found the ad on Upwork and in the ad he told me to go to telegram, there I spoke with and that if I make some PDF files in 24 hours, they will give me $3500, I'm done, and I sent it, but now they told me that if I want to withdraw the money from that "account" I have to pay $800, which will then be returned to me

And there is your error - can you please find the original job post and immediately report it using the little flag icon.

This is 100% a scam - You will NOT receive any money at all, if you pay money then that will be lost to.

Upwork "should" now ban you for violating ToS, but i dont know if they will (maybe they feel slightly guilty for letting the scammer post and for letting new freelancers apply without first checking they know the rules properly)

If you are lucky enough not to get banned, then I would suggest reading the ToS and NEVER talk to a client off platform until you have a proper UPWORK job offer. then keep ALL payments on upwork.

Tony:

You should not need to ask ANY of these questions.

You are very clearly not ready to use Upwork as a freelancer. You need to learn more about the platform first.

They took 250$ from me...and i have submitted and now they are asking for more 750$...how can i report to upwork??to refund at least my money..i am not asking for their so called salary

Hi Sidra,

Upwork will not be able to refund the money as we did not receive it. Any payments and communication outside Upwork is against ToS.

We highly suggest reviewing our ToS, reading these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. Should you also encounter any suspicious user activity again in the future, please send us a flag so the dedicated team can review it and take action as soon as possible.

~ AJ
Upwork

Yes , this trustauthy bank support team and project manager give us to some work, we done this all they tell us to before USD paying exchange charges LKR 50,000 deposit to there account, but now they not responding, were our money I need get back my money, can you please help me

celgins
Community Member

Your profile is a prime target for scammers.

As Jonathan has mentioned several times, the client you are dealing with is a scammer. Everything about the screenshots you provided is a scam and you are breaking Upwork's TOS by communicating with them. If you do anything with this "client," you will be scammed and lose your money.

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tony.

I'm sorry to hear you encountered this kind of activity on Upwork. I would like to jump in here and confirm that the job post you're referring to and the client account associated with it have been actioned by our Trust and Safety team. Please do not communicate any further with this individual outside of Upwork. Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is against our Terms of Service, the vast majority of scammers that successfully take advantage of talent do so by going off the platform. To learn more about staying safe on Upwork, check out this help article.

~Andrea
Upwork
ded8ed1a
Community Member

Thank you for more information, bless you everyone 🙏😊

97d96704
Community Member

This bank took all of my money..it is a fraud..why there is not a proper channel to ban it..

d7b3da1b
Community Member

I make trustauthy, I have $2500 but I cant transfer the amount. any option to withdraw that amount.

43ef43e3
Community Member

Until now we are wondering why this account can't be removed. What is it digital pin?

41251b9e
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

 I was finish translation a document. And I make it's account. Blablabla I can't transper from this Wallet. Must have 4 pin to submit and I must payment $100 for recieve this pin. 

But until now I don't  transaction with trustauthy

Do not pay anything this is a scam.

Never communicate outside Upwork until you are hired on Upwork (active contract in your Jobs list on your profile)

Never work until you have an active contract on Upwork

Never send any money to clients

Communicating outside Upwork before a contract and getting paid outside should get your account suspended.

Read the rules before using Upwork.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members