cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi. Can someone be kind to check my profile? Please. Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Milan R Member Since: Jul 20, 2016
1 of 11

Hi,

Last time what I'm doing is sending proposals, without any new job. It's for me really sad that I earned my first job, in shorten time that now, when I have amount of jobs and feedback's here.

Since may of this year I hadn't any new client. A 2 months ago I had a lot of invitations for interviews that becomes unresponsive. And last month nothing. I spend out all my connects, and now my account will be suspended. I'm feeling that upwork is hiding now my account somehow.

Or there is something in my portfolio or profile that stops clients to hire me, or even interview. I don't know... Can someone give me suggestions on my profile, what I can do better, and proposal, I use to write shorten as possible, always with some questions about job. 

I was looking a few freelancers last time, and when I saw that they have 10 or more active jobs- WOW. And I can't get only one. 

Sorry for be annoying or desperate, but I don't know what to do. I tried on other platforms too, but nothing. Maybe my portfolio is not that commercial :/

Thanks!! I will appreciate more than one opinion. 

Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
3 of 11

There are many great buyers here. It's a learning process. The more experience you get and the more you take advice from veteran freelancers of the site, the better chance you're going to succeed. We all started off as newbies. We all started off with no feedback.  It's all up to you. It's not easy or everyone would do it. You will get out of it what you put into it. 

Once you get more experience, you will be able to tell if a post is worth your time applying to just by glancing at it. It's not fast money, and it's not easy money, but once you learn the ins and outs it is stable money. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Community Leader
Milan R Member Since: Jul 20, 2016
3 of 11

Hi,

First, to be clear, I'm not here to became rich and make fast money, as you say, I had a target to make stable income. I'm trying, and hard. But 6 months I hadn't new clients, and there I'm starting to take another decisions. (the start on upwork was 100x better). Now is awful.

I just asked someone to check my profile, maybe there is something wrong, maybe I can fix something to get next client. Right now I ahve only sensation that nobody will answer on my proposal, and that my account will be suspended in short time :/

Thanks anyway for your comment. 

Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
4 of 11
I can feel your pain.

I've looked at your profile and it's all good except that first ugly feedback you got.
Instead testimonials in profile info and portfolio maybe it would be more helpful and on a pro level to have personal portfolio attached as a link (one that would not violate Upwork tos, see with them what's acceptable).

Clients very often say leave your portfolio in cover letter and all I do is keep copying the ugly long link to my portfolio on Upwork. Maybe people with their own portfolios have more success.

I'm not the right person to say that but focus deeply on English grammar and spelling in your cover letters.
5 of 11

Thanks Vesna for your help. 

Yes, I have my website, and link is always submited to my potential clients. About last feedback, I think that I can't ask a client to change. I will hope for new job, with good feedback, I hope. Then my JSS will increase.

Maybe is just a bad luck, I will waiting things to get better.

Thanks!

Community Guru
6 of 11

Maybe add the link to your profile info, but make sure with Upwork support it complies with tos.

7 of 11

And where I can find rules about external portfolio. Which part of TOS is?

Sorry and tnx!

Community Guru
8 of 11

One thing for sure is it should not have your contact info, like email and skype. It's better to ask support to review before attaching it to a post or profile.

BEST ANSWER
9 of 11

Ok. Thank you!!!

Arkadi B Member Since: Jul 17, 2016
10 of 11

Hi all, I have similar situation, my client profile mounted to my main freelancer profile is suspended.. it doesn't get active even when I connect to paypal.

Any ideas?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS