🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Hired for the first time but client doesn't n...
Page options
8811784e
Community Member

Hired for the first time but client doesn't not messaged yet

I have received a hired message from a client yesterday. I accepted the work within 10 minutes and send a message to share details of the job. The job was at least 40/hr per week. As it is a time tracker job I need details and credentials to start working. Why the client is not responding yet? Will there be any problem with my Upwork profile if in this stance I do not work?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

No work is "at least" x hours, you can only add your actual working hours via the time tracker. The  40 hours that you mentioned is just the maximum weekly limit. It can happen that a client hires and then takes some time to communicate and enable you to start the work. Did you meet with the client on video and agree on a starting date? You may propose a video-call to the client as a next step. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
deborah-ponzio
Community Member

No work is "at least" x hours, you can only add your actual working hours via the time tracker. The  40 hours that you mentioned is just the maximum weekly limit. It can happen that a client hires and then takes some time to communicate and enable you to start the work. Did you meet with the client on video and agree on a starting date? You may propose a video-call to the client as a next step. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members