🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How Things Work on the Client Side
Page options
thewriterstuff
Community Member

How Things Work on the Client Side

Is there a way for freelancers to know how Upwork works on the client side? I often have clients ask me for advice on issues they have with the platform, but because I've never been a client, I'm unable to help and just send them to support. If that's how it must be done, fine, but it would be nice to know.

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is there a way for freelancers to know how Upwork works on the client side?"

Yes.

Follow these directions to set up the client side for your existing Upwork account:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067558-Be-a-Client-and-a-Freelancer

Post a few jobs and hire freelancers. Go through the entire client experience.

This will vastly expand your understanding of the Upwork platform, and answer the specific questions that you have.

You can post a couple small jobs worth only $5 or $10 each.

This will be a far more time-efficient and cost-effective way to answer your questions than anything else you can do.

Didn't know that was an option. Thanks!

/gfj

Community Member

Create a client account. They are free.

81f2681a
Community Member

Gail J wrote:

Is there a way for freelancers to know how Upwork works on the client side?

Yes, there is a way: in the same account you can have a freelancer profile, an agency profile and a client profile. Create a client profile and see how is being a client by yourself.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Simply opening a client account doesn't provide access to many of the features clients ask about, since those issues typically arise in connection with a contract (and you have no contracts to see and explore unless you hire someone)

Ok, so hire someone for $5 and see how things works by yourself. I don´t see any problem doing it.

3, 2, 1....

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members