🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How can client assign me a milestone?
Page options
thamsanqandlovu
Community Member

How can client assign me a milestone?

Hi guys. My client is trying to pay me for a new milestone but he seems to be having trouble doing so. I also see that he has not applied the full amount in escrow (there is 50% of the project budget). He has already paid me in the past, but now seems to be having trouble doing so. Perhaps what is also compunding the problem is that the project budget was increased mid-project. In any case, how do I instruct him to:

1. Pay the funds into escrow?

2. Assign me the milestones so that I can submit work for payment?

I do not have experience using the client interface of the UpWork platform, so it is hard for me to advise him on this. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Thamsanqa,

Feel free to share this Guide with your client on how they can fund and activate another milestone. If they need further help feel free to reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the contract ID. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Thamsanqa,

Feel free to share this Guide with your client on how they can fund and activate another milestone. If they need further help feel free to reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the contract ID. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for the information!

kinector
Community Member

Thamsanqa, I'd recommend to try it out as a client ASAP. Not only can you guide your clients better, but also you see how the process works and what shows to the client side which helps you in optimizing your own offering (profile and proposals too).

Hire a virtual assistant for some small task, for example. Take it as an investment or a small sum in your marketing budget. 😉

Thanks! I have been thinking of doing this for a while now, but here I am. I will get on it!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths