cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i check if the client is the one who he claims to be?

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
21 of 24

I am pretty sure, that if a top-rated freelancer has one bad feedback removed, it is entirely removed - private and public - and does not impact the JSS.

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
22 of 24

@Nichola L wrote:

I am pretty sure, that if a top-rated freelancer has one bad feedback removed, it is entirely removed - private and public - and does not impact the JSS.

Yes and no. The JSS is not impacted. The public feedback and star rating is replaced with "this feedback has been removed." However, the star rating (without comments) and the freelancer's feedback to the client still both show in the client's history on the job description page and any future job posts the client makes.

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
23 of 24

@Jess C wrote:
Yes and no. The JSS is not impacted. The public feedback and star rating is replaced with "this feedback has been removed." However, the star rating (without comments) and the freelancer's feedback to the client still both show in the client's history on the job description page and any future job posts the client makes.

I must amend myself - the star rating is still available if the job itself is public. If it's a private job, there's no way to get to the full job posting page where the client's history is listed.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
24 of 24

@Alexander N wrote:

OK so. It got removed. Looks like i am clear of this and my JSS won't be impacted.

Still thinking what i could do to avoid this in the future. Clearly it was a problem of vetting the client - after the first 6 weeks, it was clear to me that there is absolutely no way in the world to work productively with this client, and his expectations are far beyond reasonable (especially since he provides so little inputs). But it was too late, next 4 weeks were attempts to avoid the already inevitable, i know it was going to fail no matter what i do.

But i still can't come up with a criteria to filter out these clients. I once had an idea that working for Russian speakers was a bad idea - but a year ago i had an excellent Russian client, who was happy with my work and made me a ton of money with almost no effort - not on Upwork though. Same goes for Indian clients - in spite of what people say, nearly every experience i had with Indians was a happy one. So nationality clearly isn't a factor. I also tend to have less success with clients who are not coders themselves, i better speak to IT person than a business person. But this one was a coder! I feel totally lost, maybe that is really just luck and there is no way to prevent **bleep** from happening from time to time?

I feel that not being able to figure it out, i will never move past 'craft' phase into 'business' phase of what i do, and that makes me really sad.

You can't. I stick to people in the US but both of my disputes were with people in the US. The same state even - Maryland. lol 

You are just going through the aftermath of a terrible client. It will go away in a couple of weeks. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS