🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How do you get verified
Page options
fd90fa8b
Community Member

How do you get verified

This is a bit fustrating. I have a fully filled out profile and found a job that I wanted to apply for only to be told I couldn't until IDV had been verified. Benn going around in circles as my profile menu doesn't have a link so I can verify and any old support post I can find talkijg about it simply goes to a 404 page not found.

Any help????

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

I checked but don't see any verification requests or limitations on your account. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. If you're experiencing issues accepting an offer please share more details so we could assist you accordingly.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Paul,

I checked but don't see any verification requests or limitations on your account. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process. If you're experiencing issues accepting an offer please share more details so we could assist you accordingly.

~Andrea
Upwork
fd90fa8b
Community Member

Ok thanks for clarifying. I think the verification badge system may have some drawbacks (mainly the badge being shown against the profile icon) as my only concern would be that users looking for potential suiters to their project may think that anyone who is unverified may be less suitable. Something to consider perhaps.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members