🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How does a refund affect my JSS
Page options
robertoghizzoni
Community Member

How does a refund affect my JSS

Hi, last month I started a fixed-price contract with milestones with a client, everything was good until the second milestone. The client refused to approve it claiming that I submitted the milestone without completing the job as requested. Then he stopped answering and after 2 weeks the milestone was automatically approved. Now he is asking for a refund. My question is, if I refund the milestone how will my JSS be affected. What if I don't refund it? and what if I end the contract?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Roberto G wrote:

My question is, if I refund the milestone how will my JSS be affected. What if I don't refund it? and what if I end the contract?

A refund does not affect the JSS, nor does not refunding.

What does affect your JSS, is the feedback the client leaves when the contract is closed.

If the client ends the contract, the client WILL leave feedback. If YOU close the contract, the client might not leave feedback, which would be a "best case" scenario.

The client can dispute up to 30 days after the last milestone has been approved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Roberto G wrote:

My question is, if I refund the milestone how will my JSS be affected. What if I don't refund it? and what if I end the contract?

A refund does not affect the JSS, nor does not refunding.

What does affect your JSS, is the feedback the client leaves when the contract is closed.

If the client ends the contract, the client WILL leave feedback. If YOU close the contract, the client might not leave feedback, which would be a "best case" scenario.

The client can dispute up to 30 days after the last milestone has been approved.

Okay got it, thanks Petra! 
In case I end the contract and the client leaves a negative feedback, is there a way to remove the feedback that affects my JSS? 

Top Rated freelancers can remove one contract from their JSS (and the feedback from their profile) every 10 contracts, but not more than once every 3 months. (Both the 10 contract and 3 month criteria must be met). So, if the review substantially damages your JSS, you can use your perk. Don't make a decision until you've seen the results though. You may want to save the perk for some other situation. 

Whether you choose to refund this client or not, I think you should end the contract yourself. If you plan to leave a written comment, post it here first so we can tell you what not to say. Remember, anything you write will be seen by other freelancers and prospective clients. 

Great, thanks Tonya! What should I do exacty to remove the feedback in case it affects my JSS? and one more thing, when I will be able to actually see if the feedback affected my score or not?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members