🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How often do you work for free at Upwork? Que...
Page options
resuelta
Community Member

How often do you work for free at Upwork? Question for countries not on the top list

Guys, I had a location Russia and Spain, now the location is Georgia.

They began to offer almost free work, for example, for $15 a month’s worth of work. Clients made two refunds in a week (memos), which had not happened for seven years. Support and dispute do not care about fairness, that the work has been done, and beyond the scope. I feel like a slave.

Non-prestigious countries, how satisfied are you with your earnings on Upwork?

4 REPLIES 4
bobafett999
Community Member

It's in your hand.  If you are willing to accept bad feedback, you can always refuse the refund request.  You can write your own rebuttal and provide feedback for your buyer

No, it doesn't work that way. Return or dispute. Freelancers do not win disputes. When the work was done, I was offered arbitration for more than the amount discussed, and then the money was returned to the client.

Freelancers do not win or lose disputes. Upwork tries to get the two parties to come to some agreement, but they do not have any power to make you accept their guidance. They do not control you or the client. Because you did not come to an agreement, the client pursued a refund.

If the dispute is not effective, arbitration is the only option. Be aware that everyone pays the same amount - $1000 split between Upwork, the client, and the freelancer.

When you sign up to Upwork, you agree to follow the Terms of Service and all of Upwork's rules.

The client did not answer a word in the dispute about what agreement you are talking about. And I did my job. It looks like the client has found a way to avoid paying freelancers.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members