🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to Export Hourly Contract Timesheet with ...
Page options
Darshita V Community Member

How to Export Hourly Contract Timesheet with Task Descriptions?

Hello everyone,

I'm currently working on an hourly rate contract, and my client has requested to see how much time I spent on specific tasks each week. I provide detailed descriptions in the timesheet (e.g., working on tasks 1, 2, and 3), and I need to export this information.

Is there any workaround or method to export the hourly rate contract timesheet along with the task descriptions? I would appreciate any advice or tips on how to achieve this.

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mykola A Community Member

No.

Create some docfile and make records there, additionaly to tracker. Yep, it is double work, but as-is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pradeep H Moderator

Hi Darshita,

Thank you for your message. Currently, there is no option to export the timesheet for the hourly contract. Your client will be able to view the timesheet along with the description you have added directly from their account. Is there a specific reason why you need to extract the timesheet? 

- Pradeep

Darshita V Community Member

Hello Pradeep,

Thank you for your response.

My client would like to see the total amount of time I've spent on each task (the job consists of three different tasks) on a weekly and monthly basis. Is there an option to download the work diary with task descriptions so the client can see the total time spent on each task?

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks!

Mykola A Community Member

No.

Create some docfile and make records there, additionaly to tracker. Yep, it is double work, but as-is.

Melissa R Community Member

From your client's dashboard, he can monitor your work sessions with screenshots per 10-minute segment, keyboard activity per minute, and descriptive and meaningful memos at any time ( hourly, daily, weekly, etc.) This feature allows for full transparency and if used properly affords you payment protection.

All this is predicated on you correctly using Upwork's time tracker as outlined in their hourly protection criteria. 

Do not add time manually--even if the client allows it. Upwork Hourly protection clearly states that manual hours do not qualify for payment protection.

A client can dispute your manually added hours and will be automatically refunded. There are no exceptions to this rule.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members