cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change country of residence

Highlighted
Rabeya Z Member Since: Nov 7, 2014
1 of 142

I am a citizen of the United States. I signed up for my oDesk account while I was living in the U.S.A. So in the oDesk profile it shows, USA as my country of residence. Now I moved to my country (by born) Bangladesh. Should I change my residence status? If I have to how can I change it?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Jennifer H Member Since: Apr 30, 2012
2 of 142

Yes, you need to change your address if you moved to a new country.

Click the gear icon ("Settings") in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.

Then, under Contact Info, click "Edit" on the Location section. That will let you change your address and country. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Rabeya Z Member Since: Nov 7, 2014
3 of 142

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to change adress from the settings. But it says I have to contact the customer service to change the country of residence. Do you know how long it takes for the customer service to get back? 

Highlighted
Abid J Member Since: Dec 16, 2014
4 of 142

same issue with me

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 142

Hi Abid,

Once you edit your Location, you may be asked to complete ID Verification. Please, refer to the support ticket that you currently have open about this issue for further instructions.

Thank you for your cooperation!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Kristina D Member Since: Nov 1, 2015
6 of 142

Thank you! 

Submitting a ticket thats exactly what I've adviced to my friend while he had the same issue. Smiley Happy

Kinds regards,

Software Tester

Kristina Dzyuba.

Highlighted
Uttam R Member Since: Dec 12, 2016
7 of 142

How to send tickets to change the residence?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 142

Hi Beck,

Please go to Settings and update your location details on the Contact Info page.

Highlighted
Dustin S Member Since: Mar 7, 2018
9 of 142

I signed up when I was in the US but never set up a profile. I now live in Thailand, and when I login, I only have the option to set up my profile and cannot change my location. Therefore, it keeps asking me for a US phone number which I don't have so I am stuck in a catch 22. I need a US number to verify so I can get out the set up phase to change my country but I cannot verify my account unless I change my country. Who designed that?? Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
10 of 142

Hi Dustin,

Our team changed your country to Thailand, please go to Settings and update your address details on the Contact Info page.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS