cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get customer help via phone or chat? I need the help URGENT.

adilamch
Adila M Member Since: Apr 5, 2017
1 of 8

Hi.

I posted the problem I had here and got an answer. However, the situation changed at once. I updated the message, but got no answer anymore. I need to get the asnwer by the end of today or I'm in a deep... problem.

How to get the customer help via chat or phone?

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 8

Hi Adila,

Please go to this Link, at the bottom click on the green button Get Help from Upwork and you can chose how to contact customer support.

~ Goran
Upwork
adilamch
3 of 8

I did this before. I wrote them all details and they channeled me to choose between Tips or Asking Help in the Community.

I need an actual person to talk to. If I don't get the resolution till the end of the day, I'm done.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 8

Even if you qualified for phone support (and you don't) it is not available at weekends anyway.

All Chat would do would be to tell you to keep on your original ticket.

If this is about the situation with your first client, there is nothing Support can do anyway. You can agree to the return of the Escrow funds, and your client can pay you a bonus for the partial work you have done, or you can dispute, but I don't think it is the best way forward to do that.

adilamch
5 of 8

The problem is that the situation changed and I believe I was cheated.

We agreed that I'd make translation+subtitles for the 2nd episode & he would pay me the promised money for it + $15 bonus for the 1st episode I delivered late. The day I should have started the work he messaged me that he's busy & decided not to watch the TV shows this summer. Said that he didn't event look at the subtitles. All I asked from him, wasn't even the $15 for the 1st episode, but to change the reason of the contract end to him not wanting the job, but he claimed that he doesn't know how to do it. All I want is to get out of this situation without getting a bad reputation. +I was filling the dispute when he messaged me, so I left him a positive review & stated that the reason the contract ends is me missing the deadline. However, now the situation turned to be, that we stop the contract because he doesn't want it anymore. Also, I re-read his reviews and realised that even in some positive ones, the freelancers confess to miss the deadline. I suspect he specially hires the new freelancers, gives them hard to reach deadlines, then finished the contract, getting the episodes free or half-price.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
6 of 8

Clients can not change the end of contract reason after the contract has been closed.

The time to read a client's history carefully, including the bits between the lines, is before accepting a contract, not afterwards.

There is nothing you can do now to change the outcome and impact of this contract, and there is also nothing Support can do.

View solution in original post

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 8

Hi Adila, 

Don't you have the option to submit your request as ticket on your end?  I can escalate this and have one of our team members contact you directly via ticket so that you can share private details.

~ Goran
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

Upwork does not necessarily offer live chat or phone support to everybody. But the ticket-based system IS a real option and it is the intended way for you to get support right now.

There are not very many companies that actually offer free round the clock, 7-days-a-week chat and phone customer support services, especially companies whose services are free.

Remember: As freelancers, Upwork does not charge freelancers anything to use its services, until we have actually earned money, and then Upwork only retains a percentage of what clients pay us. It doesn't even ask us for a credit card or to pay anything up front. There is no way to offer expensive customer service options to all freelancers and make the numbers work out. Even if a freelancer feels like their issue is "urgent."

The original poster has earned zero dollars and offers translation services. It is not clear to Upwork how a help desk ticket from this freelancer could be so urgent that it can't be handled using the text-based ticket system and must be handled by live real time customer support agents being paid to work on the weekend.

I would love to see the original poster receive the answers to her questions, but this new would-be freelancer may have a level of expectation regarding customer service here which exceeds the reality of what is offered.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS