🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » How to submit initial concept to the client?
Page options
muhammadarslanh
Community Member

How to submit initial concept to the client?

Hi, I recently started working on Projects and got one order, I had to submit an initial concept to the client and the option I found was to select the deliverable and type in a message to the client along with the uploaded file.

Once, I did that, it showed me like I have submitted the final work and now client is to review and he/she has X number of revisions to avail, whilest the truth is that I did not submit the final work and this was just a concept selection request.

Is there a specific way to share initial concepts with client or I should use the messages for that purpose?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yofazza
Community Member

Sharing files can be done anywhere, in the message itself, or even through Google Drive and the likes.

The "Submit Work for Payment" button is meant for reporting that you've completed a milestone. I rarely attach any files when clicking that button.

In your specific case, I believe you should share concepts through messages (or Google Drive and the likes), and then click the button when submitting the final work.

In the future, you might want to use multiple milestones, like "create and have the approved concept"  as the first one. This way, you can use the button to submit the concept, and sort of "force" the client to review or accept it in 14 days, preventing the not-so-uncommon issue where the client takes an unreasonable amount of time to review.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
yofazza
Community Member

Sharing files can be done anywhere, in the message itself, or even through Google Drive and the likes.

The "Submit Work for Payment" button is meant for reporting that you've completed a milestone. I rarely attach any files when clicking that button.

In your specific case, I believe you should share concepts through messages (or Google Drive and the likes), and then click the button when submitting the final work.

In the future, you might want to use multiple milestones, like "create and have the approved concept"  as the first one. This way, you can use the button to submit the concept, and sort of "force" the client to review or accept it in 14 days, preventing the not-so-uncommon issue where the client takes an unreasonable amount of time to review.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members