Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Hurricane Victims in Texas

kristenbrady
Ace Contributor
Kristen B Member Since: May 20, 2009
1 of 5
I received this email from Upwork: Hi Kristen, We've been watching with great concern the news reports of the large flooding in Houston. All of us at Upwork send our best thoughts to those affected. We have sent an email to your clients alerting them about the flooding and asking them to be patient as it may impact your ability to work. Please contact them directly as soon as possible if you have any open Upwork contracts - they may be concerned and would like to hear from you. Again, our thoughts are with you during this challenging time. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Support. All our best, The Upwork Team ____ Thank you for your concern! My family lives in Katy near Houston and we are safe for now, but running out of food because the grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants are all closed.
lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

I was seeing pics and mannnn they are pretty bad. Hurricanes suck.

kenstone
Community Leader
Ken S Member Since: Feb 1, 2017
3 of 5

Hi Kristen,

I just received the same email.

I'm in the area also.  Here is a list of open Kroger stores.

kristenbrady
Ace Contributor
Kristen B Member Since: May 20, 2009
4 of 5

@Ken S wrote:

Hi Kristen,

I just received the same email.

I'm in the area also.  Here is a list of open Kroger stores.

Thank you Ken, much appreciated. If we can find a safe path we will definitely venture out. But I think they have issued a curfew from 7 PM to dawn. Two things to consider. If so, we will definitely venture out tomorrow.. Prayers to you and your loved ones!

allergywriter
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
5 of 5

For all we gripe about Upwork, it was a cool move for them to let clients know your ability to work might be impaired.

stay safe and avoid fire ants at all cost!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS