🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I Feel Cheated Out of Connects
Page options
10747c75
Community Member

I Feel Cheated Out of Connects

I'm new to UpWork. A job was open as a job accepting proposals 6 days ago (and still is). I submitted a proposal. Today I upgraded my account from the free version to the paid, which allows me to see activity on the job and I can see this client hired someone about a month ago. I wasted connects on a job for which a freelancer had already been hired. That's not fair. Why is the job still open, allowing freelancers to waste credits. And only if you upgrade you get to see that someone is already hired? That's very unfair to the freelancers that use the platform!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pudingstudio
Community Member

David T wrote:

I'm new to UpWork. A job was open as a job accepting proposals 6 days ago (and still is). I submitted a proposal. Today I upgraded my account from the free version to the paid, which allows me to see activity on the job and I can see this client hired someone about a month ago. I wasted connects on a job for which a freelancer had already been hired. That's not fair. Why is the job still open, allowing freelancers to waste credits. And only if you upgrade you get to see that someone is already hired? That's very unfair to the freelancers that use the platform!

Clients sometimes hire more than 1 person for the job. It's their prerogative to leave the job open.

You can see activity on the job without Plus plan. Attached SS I just made with my basic plan.

Opera Snapshot_2024-01-18_173524_www.upwork.com.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
pudingstudio
Community Member

David T wrote:

Clients sometimes hire more than 1 person for the job. It's their prerogative to leave the job open.

You can see activity on the job without Plus plan. Attached SS I just made with my basic plan.

Opera Snapshot_2024-01-18_173524_www.upwork.com.png

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members