cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a newbie and this is what i found out about Upwork.

joelabu

Hi all,

I am new in this freelancer line. I use to be on Elance, but that is only as a client looking for freelancers to do the job for me. So, in Upwork, i become the freelancer as a graphic designer. I am here for only 3 weeks and this is what i found out.

I found out that, Upwork is just a Fiverr in disguise. Clients wanting a Logo for $5 bucks? Are they kidding? I hate that and don't bother to submit a proposal. I am new so i need to build my portfolio so i just recently got a job for Logo design for $10. I did my utmost and he is happy with my work and proceed to ask me to do 5 banners for $15. Tried to negotiate but to no avail. With building a portfolio in mind, i did it anyway, and the client is happy.

I did suggest to Upwork, that they should charge a 1 time joining fee, maybe say $50, for Clients, these is to deter the waste-my-time kind of people. We freelancers really appreciate out connects tokens. Now i am very selective of how i submit my proposal. 

I also suggest that 30 days for a Client to choose a freelancers before the period expires and tokens are return to us, is too long. Set a 10 day rule. I have a 2 week proposal still pending! 

Sorry peeps, just ranting.. Smiley Wink

18 REPLIES 18
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS