🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I am incorporated in Canada, do I put my inco...
Page options
c015f5cf
Community Member

I am incorporated in Canada, do I put my incorporation name in W-8BEN form?

Can't seem to find this info.

I am incorporated and I want the freelancing to go to my incorporation.

would I need to fill out another form or can I put my business name/number under line 1 on W-8BEN?

Also under line 6a, would this just be my HST number if associated with incorporation? and if not, what number would it be for a Canadian

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Sutharshan,

Withdrawals do not have invoices associated with them. Here's an example of a withdrawal's Transaction details. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply directly to the team. If you reply to the email notification you received that will reopen the ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shan,

I'd like to invite you to check out the most recent announcement and discussion here, as well as this Help article, for more information about the collection of Canada taxes and how to complete your Tax Information.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
c015f5cf
Community Member

I am still unable to get any concrete confirmation pon how to actually fill my information out if I am incorporated in Canada. Some assistance would be great! thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shan,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support ticket to look into this for you and advise you accordingly.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c015f5cf
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

I have been working with an agent since last week support #33798684. But the last 2 days, its gone cold. No one is replying to my message, could you please assist or have someon reach out? 

Thank you

Hi Sutharshan,

I've followed up with the team handling your support ticket. You should expect an update soon.

~Andrea
Upwork
c015f5cf
Community Member

Hey Andrea,

They resolved one part, but i had a question and they closed the ticket without answering. What is the invoice format for when one withdraws eventually? I want to understand how it is output with the incorporation information. If there is reference I can refer to that would be great. Thank you

Hi Sutharshan,

Withdrawals do not have invoices associated with them. Here's an example of a withdrawal's Transaction details. 

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply directly to the team. If you reply to the email notification you received that will reopen the ticket.

~Andrea
Upwork
c015f5cf
Community Member

fc65a017
Community Member

Hello UPWORK,

I need this same help, I'm incorporated in Canada and I can't put my GST/GST number in your form.
Please contact me,

Thank you.

Hi Piotr,

I checked, and it looks like you selected 'I don't have a GST or HST number.' Are you seeing an error message when you try to enter your GST?

~ Joanne
Upwork
fc65a017
Community Member

Hello Janne,

I put my "GST/HST" number but the full number is with RT0001.
after a few days, I got information that the number couldn't be verified to be true because it was not a full GST/HST number

Hi Piotr,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fc65a017
Community Member

Hello Ruiggi,

I got an error now. The name of my incorporation, business number and my GST/HST number are correct I can send you my incorporation article and assign my GST/HST number by CRA.
Where are you making this verification?

Hi Piotr,
We were unable to verify the tax ID number(s) you submitted. Please double-check your tax ID number(s), and then re-submit by clicking here.

Common reasons for a declined tax ID number(s) include:
  • Country mismatch
  • Name mismatch
  • Expired tax ID number(s)

Piotr, one of our agents will assist you directly with this through the support ticket we've escalated. Once the next available agent gets your ticket in their queue, they'll contact you. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members