🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I did some work before the contract ...
Page options
6aa08ede
Community Member

I did some work before the contract ...

I am not getting paid by my clients.

After submitting the proposal, the client gave me the job.

I thought the right contract would then be signed and I would be hired.
However, the client is muddled about the contract and will not pay me.

I cannot communicate with the person in charge and cannot get through to her.

She said she would pay me if I did a few more jobs, but she has not promised, and I don't know when that will be.

Anyway, I don't trust them and I don't know how much money they will give me. If you don't mind, I would like to receive the prescribed $30 or so.

4 REPLIES 4
JoanneP

Hi Akito,

Thanks for reaching out. We always encourage users to only start working on the project once they have an active contract (the client sent an offer, and you accepted it). The client will send you an offer through Upwork, and once you accept it, the job will show in your Upwork account as an active contract. Since you've already worked on the project, you will need to reach out to your client so that you can discuss about the project and your payment. 

Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:
It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:

You may also want to read up on this Community article and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork.
~ Joanne
Upwork
6aa08ede
Community Member

hi, thank you for your reply.

I have chatted with the person in charge, but have not received a response.

What should I do next?

Nothing. You worked for free.

Next time work with contract.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

You are a victim of the old Wimpy business model - "I will gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today."

No contract on Upwork's system = no work to be done for a "client"

Just chalk this up to experience and know better next time.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members