🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: I have no views or comments on the catalo...
Page options
Elda D Community Member

I have no views or comments on the catalog and profile project.

Hello,there!

If someone kindly helps me,it's been a while since there were no comments 

or views on the profile and the project catalog.

Regardes Elda! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ubaid Ul A Community Member

You have to send proposals non-stop—especially on Monday and Tuesday. Clients do not come to you unless you are top-rate plus or higher.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Ding C Community Member

Relax,I have not get a job in past 2 months, alrough I bought plus membership plan. Any way,too many feak jobs wasted our connects,what a pity!

This situation can be dependent on many things, such as:

• It is summer, and companies may not be working that much.
  • Your profile
  • Most importantly, your PROPOSAL. I recommend watching Youtube channels on how to get jobs and create a good proposal. One of my favs is "JoshBurnsTech". It is suitable for beginners, and he has much experience on the platform.
Jeanne H Community Member

Beginner need to learn the Terms of Service and everything on the Upwork site before they go off to learn what not to do.

Elda D Community Member

Yes of course,I will definitely look at it,but it's been a year or so since I opened upwork,no offers,none and

it's emty! 

You have to send proposals non-stop—especially on Monday and Tuesday. Clients do not come to you unless you are top-rate plus or higher.

Jeanne H Community Member

Everything you said, is wrong. Sending proposals non-stop is what is ruining the platform. No one, and I mean no one, should apply non-stop. It means you are throwing proposals, likely copy-pasted, at every job you see. The clients hate getting these proposals, and it is precisely why the clients receive hundreds of totally irrelevant proposals, and leave the platform forever.

Monday and Tuesday...sure, fresh new jobs to apply for that you will never get.

Clients contact all kinds of freelancers, at all levels. Again, you are wrong.

Not only are you wrong, but you are spreading your false beliefs and setting the poor freelancer on a terrible path. No skilled freelancer will do what you suggest. No self-employed business person, who understand business, will do what you suggest. The only ones who will follow your ridiculous advice are the ones who lack skills, don't read or follow the rules, and are going to get scammed. They spend money applying, as you say non-stop, and you encourage them. It is wrong, and I advise every freelancer to ignore you and use the Academy for help or ask questions in the forum.

I get your point, but Non-Stop does not mean EVERY JOB you see. You have to use COMMON SENSE.

Luce N Community Member

Good point, but if you use common sense, there are not that many jobs you should apply to.

A long time ago (at least 2 years ago) freelancers were getting 60 free connects a month. That meant that - unless you meant to buy extra connects, you had to really select the offers you applied to. You should tell freelancers to keep an eye on job offers, but to carefully select the ones worth applying to. Usually, these are not so frequent.

Ding C Community Member

Wow,benefit from you 

Elda D Community Member

Thanks you so much Ybaid!

but with connects available,can they be returned if I have wasted it with the proposals that

were not accepted!Thank you for your understanding! 

My understanding of Connects is that Connects are given back if you are being interviewed or hired.

Luce N Community Member

That was the case for a while. Thanks to cheaters, Upwork had to change the rules.

Ding C Community Member

what a pity ! a year ?have you bought freelance plus membership?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members