Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm not in search engine

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dejan H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
1 of 13

It was very odd for me not to get any interviews, and now I just wanted to see how I rank, and I went on "search freelancers" type different keywords and nothing. Than I typed my name, still I didn't appear. Then I typed my first and last name and I can't even see my profile. Can you please explain to me the reason for that? I just checked my settings and profile access is public.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Vesna M Member Since: May 15, 2012
2 of 13

I just typed your name into search and it listed you instantly. Have you switched from jobs to freelancers before searching? Try finding yourself through relevant criteria such as number of hours and similar. I'm on 12th page, and in front of me are less qualified people. Getting few invites these days.

Artyom H Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
3 of 13

The same here.

I just typed my name and got results where I wasn't present. Then I decided to type my full name and still couldn't see my profile in the returned results.

Note : This only happens when I'm logged out. If one isn't signed in he/she can't see my profile in search results, but once I signed in and typed my name it brought my profile instantly.

What is going on oDesk?

Can somebody clarify this situation?

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 13

Hm... I'm logged in and couldn't find you by name.

5 of 13

Hi Vesna,

Thanks for your reply.

Did you type my name in the search field of this forum or directly on https://www.odesk.com/ ?

Because that also makes difference. I can't see my profile here even when I'm logged in. But when I go to https://www.odesk.com/ and type it my profile is retrieved correctly.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 13

Directly on oDesk, picked freelancers, wrote your name, hit search: 'No freelancers found'

Edit: Sory, there you are. Difference is here on forum you don't have full surname, and on oDesk you have. When searching with both name and surname it lists you instantly. 

7 of 13

That's weird.

I still can't see my profile here on the forum even with my full name typed.

Nonetheless, thanks for confirming.

Highlighted
Anton M Member Since: Mar 2, 2015
8 of 13

Hi,

the same for me, I'm not listed in oDesk search results at all. Tried search by full name, by category or country: nothing! I have submitted a request to help center, but they do not reply more than a week! 

Where can I get any support? Anyone can advise?

Thanks

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 13

Hi Anton,

I was able to find you without any problems while searching by your full name. Here you are.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Steven R Member Since: Mar 7, 2015
10 of 13

Hi Valeria My upwork id is not working correctly. Although I bid on the job, it isn't displayed in job posting. A few months ago, I have refund. After that, my id isn't working correctly. But the client and me both want not to do this. The client request to refund, because I haven't respond for some days. I have respond to client after, but the dispute have already processed and my id isn't working correctly. The client request to reactivate my id, but upwork haven't processed. If the client pay the money to me again, my id will be ok? Can you tell me how to solve this issue? Looking forwad hearing from you. Best, Steven

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS