cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I run the auto time on the wrong account, How do I fix?

moti01
Community Leader
Abdulmoti S Member Since: Jan 12, 2017
1 of 8

I run the Auto timing on the wrong contract, How can fix this, I deleted the screen shots but the time is still showing in the wrong account. Please help

bc94
Community Guru
Reem H Member Since: Feb 8, 2017
2 of 8
I saw a thread with a same problem recently, I believe the answer was to either talk to the client or contact CS
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
3 of 8

Abdulmoti, I wouldn't have deleted the screenshots without first taking a screenshot of the work diary, but now it's too late to do anything about that. Anyway, take a screenshot of all the applicable parts of the work diary, and explain to the client your mistake, and ask him to approve manual time, THEN, explain to the other client that you will delete the hours from the wrong account as soon as you get manual time approved by the first client. Good luck.

View solution in original post

moti01
Community Leader
4 of 8

The correct account client would not have a problem to enter manual time, my concern is my other client which I enter wrongly into their account, because even after I deleted the screen shots, the time is still showing as billed to them, this will freak out my client. 

yitwail
Community Guru
5 of 8

Your diary should look like the screenshot below. Just click the box next to the time so it has a checkmark, then click the Delete button, and the client won't be billed for the time.diary.png

6 of 8

Thank you John,

I almost freaked out, I didn't want the client I enter his/her account wrongly to freak out, luckly the other right client has no problem entering manually, So I deleted from the wrong account, added to the right account manually and send an apology text to both clients. I hate to freak out clients, knowing this kind of mistakes could lead people to be paraniod and loose trust in people. Lost trust online is almost impossible to regain. 

yitwail
Community Guru
7 of 8

You're welcome, and be sure to thank both clients for being understanding. Upwork time tracker isn't the easiest app to use, either, so everyone makes mistakes sometimes. Me, I sometimes forget to turn it on and have to ask the client permission to add manual time.

8 of 8

I thank them both, the one I entered his/her account by mistake  is so silent, never communicates, but neverthless I apologizes and the other one we communicate daily and we got a strong trust and excellent work relationship. 

Once again thank John for amazing help. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS