🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I want to send a complaint against a client
Page options
mahmoudsayed64
Community Member

I want to send a complaint against a client

Hello can someone tell me how can I send a complaint to upwork, I have this client that asked me to do a 15 seconds animation which I did and eventually after many modifications it reached to 35 seconds and I asked her many times to send me the contract at least but she always said she will but she want to see the finale product first and I sent her the file and since then I didn't hear anything from her and she's just ignoring me, so how can I report her so she won't do the same thing to other freelancers.
8 REPLIES 8
a_lipsey
Community Member

Mahmoud S wrote:
Hello can someone tell me how can I send a complaint to upwork, I have this client that asked me to do a 15 seconds animation which I did and eventually after many modifications it reached to 35 seconds and I asked her many times to send me the contract at least but she always said she will but she want to see the finale product first and I sent her the file and since then I didn't hear anything from her and she's just ignoring me, so how can I report her so she won't do the same thing to other freelancers.

Mahmoud, you can either flag the messages in chat or flag the job post. 

In the future, do not do ANY work until you have a contract and funded milestone in place. Part of this is on you for not using Upwork correctly. 

That's true and I know that I made a mistake even tho I have asked her several times to send me the contract but she kept on saying she will but she then asked me to make more modification but the whole point of my post to just make sure this client won't be able to make the same thing to others and thanks for your reply

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

JoanneP

Hi Mahmoud,

It seems like you started to work on the project before you had an active contract. We highly recommend that you only start working on a project once you have an active contract. This way, you can receive payment for the work you submit. You can give your client time to get back to you so that you can discuss further, but in the future, please make sure to only start working once you have an active contract. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Mahmoud,

It seems like you started to work on the project before you had an active contract. We highly recommend that you only start working on a project once you have an active contract. This way, you can receive payment for the work you submit. You can give your client time to get back to you so that you can discuss further, but in the future, please make sure to only start working once you have an active contract. 

Did you read his post entirely? He said "" but she want to see the finale product first." This client was clearly asking for free work or trying to get away with free work, and your advice is to wait even longer? Seriously? 

Amanda L wrote:

Joanne Marie P wrote:

Hi Mahmoud,

Did you read his post entirely? He said "" but she want to see the finale product first." This client was clearly asking for free work or trying to get away with free work, and your advice is to wait even longer? Seriously? 

Yeah, this is getting strange.

But the bottom line is, regardless of what the client asks, tells, promises, or does otherwise, that you don't start work before the contract is in place. 🙄

In this case, there is no way to see the money promised, I fear. 😬

Better to learn from the experience and use the platform correctly next time. Next time, there will be money! 🤑 It's actually quite hard not to get paid when doing things right.

True thing and again I know that was a mistake but again the whole point of the post to make sure that client won't repeat the same thing with another victim

Hi Mahmoud,

Thank you once again for posting your concern here and, as others have already mentioned, it's best not to start working on a project before a contract is in place. Also, note that requesting free work is against the Upwork TOS. I have escalated your report to the appropriate team so they can review the client and take action accordingly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thank you, hope she won't do the same again
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members