🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I wanted to decline the invitation
Page options
a77045c6
Community Member

I wanted to decline the invitation

Hi Community,

I received the invitation to interview this afternoon, but I was unavailable to join the project. I wanted to click the decline button, but it disappeared as it said "This job is no longer available".

Does this affect my Responsiveness within 24 hours?

Thank you for your advice.

8 REPLIES 8
wlyonsatl
Community Member

The "responsiveness" number on your profile is only visible to you and has no effect on your JSS, etc.

And even Upwork wouldn't expect you to respond to a job posting that is no longer available.

Hi Will,

I just know that Upwork wouldn't expect "freelancers" to respond to a job posting that is no longer available.

Thank you so much for this information. 

The "responsiveness" number on your profile is only visible to you

That's not true. Here's my public profile and an Upwork article on the subject.

25005175_0-1671845537305.png

Hi Jonathan,

Yes, you're right. I have the same. Here is mine.

Thank you so much for your confirmation.

responsiveness.png

Community Member

Apinia, according to this article, "If an invitation is withdrawn by a potential client within the first 24 hours, it doesn't count against your response time, even if you didn’t get a chance to reply."

I was a bit confused, please have a look at my screenshot and let me know your thought again. Thank you. 

invites.png

Looks like the first invitee who responded got the job and the client then closed it.

The client said in the job post that they needed a freelance to start working immediately, so I understand if they hired and closed the job, but it was too fast when I wanted to click the decline button which was less than 1 hour. If it doesn't affect my responsiveness, I would feel okay. 😅 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members