Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like UPWORK to delete my full name so Google doesn't crawl it

bigorilho2
Bigo R Member Since: Jul 28, 2016
1 of 7

Hi,

I am posting this thread because I haven't found any official email to contact the administrators of Upwork. 

I create an account last year and unfortunately, I provide my full name. I didn't know Google would crawl my name and put available on the search engines.

I deleted my account but my full name is still being crawled. I would like to know if UPWork can delete my name completely from their system, or prevent it from crawling my name. 

How can I proceed? 

Thanks for any help

olihough
Oliver H Member Since: Jul 8, 2016
2 of 7

just make the profile private so it can't be crawled

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 7

Hi Bigo,

I see that you have submitted a ticket request to Upwork support and have gotten reply already. If you have any further questions, please let us know here or reply directly to that ticket.

~ Valeria
Upwork
psilos
Fotis G Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 7

Hi I do have the same issue. I want google to stop crawling my upwork profile

First I cannot find a straightforward way to contact upwork team (email, chat)

Second, I had already requested deletion of my profile where I had my real name. Indeed Upwork deleted my account, however google stil crawls my profile page and shows it as 3rd in the restults with my name. There 2 things that I can think of:

1) google cached the pofille page and it takes time to refresh the page. However, it s been over 1 month that I deleted the upwork profile.

2) Upwork didnt really delete my profile. It just made it not public on my account. Now this case is what concerns me and poses serious privacy issues. 

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 7

Hi Fotis,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I'll check with our team and follow up with more information soon.

Untitled
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Fotis,

I can confirm our team made an adjustment and your profile should be deindexed by Goggle within the next 7-10 days, if not earlier. Please let us know if you still see your profile after this time frame.

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 7

@Fotis G wrote:

Second, I had already requested deletion of my profile where I had my real name. Indeed Upwork deleted my account,  

Hang on.... so is the account you are posting from a second account and in a name other than your real, legal name?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS