🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » I would like to have a contract with a client...
Page options
musaakbass
Community Member

I would like to have a contract with a client not from upwork, is it going to effect my jss?

Hello !

I would like to create a contract on upwork with a client not from upwork. I would like to use the payment protection and etc.

At the end of the contract, does that effect my job success score? Can my client, outside from upwork make negative or positive effect?

6 REPLIES 6
roberty1y
Community Member

I think it's against the terms of service to have a contract with someone you already knew outside of Upwork, because it would count as feedback manipulation.

Actually its not, there is a different contract type aswell. It takes around %3 fee, its for the protection. I just would like to use the Upwork to have the protection. Also, its not someone i know from real world, its also same, " a client"

Yes, but in that case I don't think you could get feedback from that client.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

A direct contract does not show up in your work history and has no effect on JSS. 

Good to know! I haven't used this feature yet. Sounds like you resolved the original poster's question. 

NikolaS

Hi Musa, 

I would be happy to help. Are you referring to the Direct Contracts option? If so, I would like to clarify that since you and your client will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact your Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in your other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

Feel free to check this help article for more information. Let us know if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members