🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Hi Andrew,

Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I'd like to know if I can still continue working even if I don't have a government ID yet. My passport has already expired and I only have my philhealth ID and company ID available. I passed the Video verification identity though.

You are not required to stop working on Upwork due to an expiration of an ID.

But to minimize the chance that you might have problems, it makes sense to maintain valid local government-issued ID.

In case you are selected for a random identity verification check.

I see. Thank you for the prompt reponse. It's just that where I live (Philippined), we're on lockdown situation and we can't go outside to get those IDs and I only have until 5/12 to complete this or else my pay with the client I'm working on can't be withdrawn. 😞 I was hoping they'd accept my philhealth ID.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jobelle,

Unfortunately, the type of ID you have submitted is not acceptable Please check this help article for more information about the acceptable ID types. 

Please note that freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello! 

I have the same problem currently. I just had my first job offer (yey!) and Upwork is asking me to verify my identity to avoid putting my account on hold. I'm also a student in the Philippines. Unfortunately, we're still under lockdown so I can't really request for a NBI clearance. I have no other government issued ID other than my PSA birth certificate. I'm wondering how this problem was resolved? And what can I possibly do about it?

Thank you very much!

Hi Aubienne,

I checked with the team handling your case and they confirmed that your PSA birth certificate can't be used for verification. 

Feel free to check out this help article for the list of acceptable documents for verification.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi, I also have the same problem, what did you do?

Hi Celine,

I checked and it looks like you already created a support ticket regarding the verification. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hope to hear from you soon, thank you!
eerie-an_lozada
Community Member

Why my profile settings does not have the Identity verification button?

Hi Eerie-An,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment which is why you don't see the page in your Settings. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

Thank you for your quick response . I appreciate the attention you are giving to this issue. 

Alll the best!

Eerie-An

diab-moataz
Community Member

Action required: Your account has been restricted until you complete Identity Verification. ??

why ???

tlbp
Community Member

Moataz D wrote:

Action required: Your account has been restricted until you complete Identity Verification. ??

why ???

Because those are the rules. If you don't complete the verification, you won't be allowed to use Upwork. 

Hi Moataz,

I checked your account and it looks like you have already completed the verification process and there is no longer any limitation placed on your account. The ID badge has already been added to your profile as well. Could you please check again? 

~ Joanne
Upwork
77528d8e
Community Member

Hi moderators!

I want to ask how long does it take to get my account verified? Since I've already submit my ID's pictures but I don't see the ID Verification tab in my setting and also not receive any email. Thank you for your time and support

Hi Uyen,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Feel free to check out this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
jannat-sheikh
Community Member

I can see some profile have Phone number and ID verified badge on verifications section. But for me I can not see it. How can I add this badge on my profile?

Hi Jahangir,

I can see that you already have the ID Verification Badge on your profile. Regarding the phone verification badge, we used to offer phone verification at freelancers' requests and some freelancers who completed it then may still have legacy badges. However, we don't offer this process at the freelancers' request anymore. 

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks, but I can see some of new account.

Hi Jahangir,

You can share the profile URL with me via PM (click on my name) so that our team can investigate this further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
17f9a127
Community Member

please verify my Id I cont work Upwork

Hi Inoka, 

At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
nikimori
Community Member

Build Your Profile - Essential Items
You may not include "Upwork" in your URL.

Hi Nikita,

Could you please share more details about the problem you're experiencing on your end? If you're receiving any errors, feel free to share a screenshot as well capturing the text of the error. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello. I'm trying to accept any work in the work section, but this message falls out

Hi Nikita,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
5e19acdd
Community Member

I have excepted a proposal I need to complete my identity verification. I filled out at my information and attached my ID, but when I go to take my selfie, it brings me to the oval camera screen, I sit with my face centred in the oval, and after a while it just says no face detected and returns to the previous screen.

Hi Aleah,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to submit your selfie? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I cleared cache and cookies. This did not work. I am on an iPhone, and I’ve read you must do it on safari, which I am doing.

When the oval comes up, do I need to click a button to capture the photo? I do not see one if so. Or is it suppose to automatically take the photo? It is continuing to just say face not detected.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleah,

It looks like you were able to complete your verification process. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
c7215469
Community Member

Hi, Iam new to upwork... I recently created my profile here, but I do not have a ID card just yet, is there any possibility that I can extend the verification date as iam working on projects already to get an extension so I can get my ID card made in the meantime?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ayesha,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
adf700a9
Community Member

How do I become eligible to earn this badge and what is the criteria for achieving the Identity Verification Bage?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patrick Kibet,

We’re slowly rolling this badge out to all freelancers over the next few months. Once you become eligible for this badge, you’ll be notified when you log into Upwork.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
adf700a9
Community Member

Thank you for the prompt response.

I would appreciate the expediting of the Identity verification exercise in
my case as I cannot seem to get any gigs on Upwork without it.

Patrick K. Rop
7785f3f5
Community Member

Hi I want to approve mr profile.

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. Please know that only earning freelancers are eligible/required to earn the “Identity Verified” badge. If you become eligible/required, we will notify you when you log into your Upwork account.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a4336e86
Community Member

When I press the "Get Started" I get notification like the screenshot.How do I resolve it?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members