🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424

Take a photo of your NID card, and send them without making any changes. [Don't scan it, cause they didn't tell you to do this.]

Hi Suryansh,

I see you're already in correspondence with the team on this support ticket. Kindly allow more time for the team to review your case and follow up on your ticket. You'll be notified of their response.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
queenee1811
Community Member

Hi, i have problem with ID vertification. I choose " Get start" already and then they shown me this: "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue" 

Should i complete the ID vertification other time or what can i do with this?

Thank you.

Hi Quynh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ngocluanbka
Community Member

My account is required ID verification. 
I have done Step 1  but can't go to Step 2 (error message shown in the attached image).

I have tried on both desktop and mobile phone but the same issue.
Please support because I can't submit proposal now 😞 
Thanks.

Hi Bui Ngoc,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sultan-mohiuddin
Community Member

I am unable to do visual verification. Upwork displays a technical error. Kindly help me get away with it ASAP

Sultan, It happens sometime. You may wait for a few minutes. Use Chrome browser, clear your history  and restart your system at that time. Problem will be solved.

I have tried it from my phone as well as the computer. The problem retains...

Hi Sultan,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

~ Bojan
Upwork
16218ad6
Community Member

A hold has been put my account for a failed identification verification and I am trying to get in contact with someone so I can reslove the issue. 

Best, 

Thomas

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tom,

In order to complete this process, please go to your Account - Settings - Identity verification and click on the Get Started button

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
16218ad6
Community Member

Hi Bojan, 

That option is currently unavailable in my sidebar. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Thomas,

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ads_marufit88
Community Member

I want to Verify my Profile. But I can't find the "Identity Verification" option.

Mohtasin M wrote:

I want to Verify my Profile. But I can't find the "Identity Verification" option.

No need. Just do it when upwork requires you to.

ad3a40b5
Community Member

I have the Identity verified badge 

But when i go to the settings it says that they are still verifying my ID

I uploaded my Gov ID image then sent my selfie and then suddenly they asked me to send my Gov ID again.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ad3a40b5
Community Member

It is fixed now thank you so much for your reply!

3d2dd63d
Community Member

HI im new upwork freelancer. Anyone can help me to verify my identity? i click on start button but nothing heppen? Please help me

Verify your identity
Get Started

after i click on get started : We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hoang,

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hoang D wrote:

HI im new upwork freelancer. Anyone can help me to verify my identity? i click on start button but nothing heppen? Please help me

Verify your identity
Get Started

You don't need to do anything until upwork asks you to verify your identity. And while you're at it, it might be a good idea to change that pic before you proceed with anything else. 

hosneahmedpulock
Community Member

Hi there,

I would like to verify my ID.  But I haven't been asked for it yet though. I am an Old seller. It would be very helpful If I got Blue Badge Verification. I am ready for the video call interview.
Thank You.

Hi Hosne,

As you mentioned, It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

~ Luiggi
Upwork
34f61abe
Community Member

Hi there, it seem my account was suspended due to failure to verify my identification. My nation id is expired for awhile now but the government in my country is trying to roll out a new identification system so we have to use our expire id for the foreseeable future. I don't own a passport (this will take awhile to get due to covid ristrictions) or driver license. Is there anyway to use my current id with any other information in order to verify my account?
Thank you.

Hi Karlashay,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and all limitations are now removed from your profile. You received the “Identity Verified” badge on your profile. 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
34f61abe
Community Member

Thank you very much for your help.
salecz
Community Member

How can i get verified? I dont have that option in settings and also i never get email about verification. can you resend e-mail or what should i do?

Hi Aleksandar,

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process

~ Luiggi
Upwork
salecz
Community Member

Yes, but i want to get verification badge. How to do it?

Hi Aleksandar,

The ID Verification Badge is obtained upon completing its verification process; however, as I previously mentioned, you are not required to complete any verification at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
salecz
Community Member

I know that i dont need. But i want 😄

raya123
Community Member

I turned 18 less than 2 months ago and joined upwork after that. Today I got my first job but upwork now wants me to verify my identity using a national ID/driver's license. But I still haven't got them yet and it could take a few months because some of the government services are closed due to this pandemic. What do I do now? My job's due date is 8 September and also upwork says I need to verify within 8 September. What problems would I have to face? If I submit the work before 8 sept, will I be able to transact the payment?

Hi Raya Abida,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. However, once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. You can check this article for more information.

Once your client releases the milestone, the funds will go in the 'Pending' tab of your Reports page that represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Please note that payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. If the funds become available to you before the hold is placed on your account (if you don't verify your identity within 7 days), you'll be able to withdraw them. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
e47fb2c8
Community Member

Hello! I still don't have a valid ID as I'm still a student and the process in our country is taking too long. I already have a contract and since my account is on hold, I cannot withdraw my earnings. Is there any way to request a another withdrawal method without ID?

Hi Edrilyn,

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. Please know that we can only accept any of the following: passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

~Andrea
Upwork
e47fb2c8
Community Member

Hello! I tried to submit my NBI clearance but it got rejected.

Edrilyn, I checked with the team and it looks like what you submitted was not an NBI clearance. Please refer to your ticket with our team here for more information and feel free to reply if you have any further questions.

~Andrea
Upwork
f95854a5
Community Member

Please help me. I just got my first job and I received an email regarding identity verification unfortunately I don't have a government issued I.D and it doesn't accept school I.D. I don't have passport too. What can I do? I cannot get one too due to the limit and COVID issues here in my country.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members