🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » ID Badge Verification
Page options
dani_arch
Community Member

ID Badge Verification

Hi guys I have changed sucesfully verfied my ID but have failed selfie verification lol, my selfie has a beard, my profile pic doesnt lol can anyone help me out pleaseeee

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Get,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

You may be asked to complete a visual verification and provide a valid government-issued ID. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

Update: 

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,424 REPLIES 1,424
graphixpert
Community Member

Screenshot 2021-06-29 124309.png

Hi Tripti,

At the moment you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
start-1
Community Member

Hello  have a nace day ..

1-when exactly verification requierd for freelancers ????

2-please complete explane to me ???

3-what (document) exactly  needed for verify ?

4-Is it possible to get money from the upwork (( without verification))?

warm regards

petra_r
Community Member

Rohit K wrote:

1-when exactly verification requierd for freelancers ????

2-please complete explane to me ???

3-what (document) exactly  needed for verify ?

4-Is it possible to get money from the upwork (( without verification))?

1. When you have started earning money

2. Read these articles

3. Read this help article

4. No

*!* Your profile picture has to be a real photograph of yourself *!*

m7mdadel
Community Member

Hello there, I need to verify my accoutn but i dont see identity verification in my profile setting, how can i verify my profile, and will this verification affect my ability to apply and get jobs on upwork?

Please advise!

Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohamed,

We’re slowly rolling this badge out to all freelancers over the next few months. Once you become eligible for this badge, you’ll be notified when you log into Upwork.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4ed81c11
Community Member

Hi,

I am based in the UK but don't have a UK passport or driver's licence. 

I submitted a support ticket and was able to submit my passport (non UK) and bank statement as ID, which was successfully verified.

I then changed my name on Upwork to remove my middle name, and leave just my first and last name, but my verification was removed.

I submitted another request to support (Request #32255402) but this is now marked as solved, even though my account is still not verified.

Please help.

Hi Mchael,

Rest assusred, our team will follow up on your ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

but the ticket is marked as ' Solved '
stevendai_art
Community Member

Hi guys!

Yesterday I received my first payment on the platform from a customer I meet in other site. And when I was to withdraw the payment I received the email from Upwork to verify my account with my ID and photo. I already submitted both. Do you know much time it takes to complete the identity verification and recover my account functions?

Thank you so much!

Hi Jose,

Our team will complete their review as soon as possible and will reach out t you with the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

Thanks for you kind reply. I've seen that the ID documentation has been completed 2 days ago. Looking forward to get the visual verification reviewed as well. 

All the best!

Hi!

I did the Identity verification 4 days ago, and I've already passed the ID verification. But the visual verification is taking more than 2 bussiness days.

Is there any contact method to notify it to an Upwork staff? I have a client waiting for me to be able to create a contract and we can't advance until I finish the verification.

Thank you so much!

Hi Jose,

I checked with the team and it looks like you're all set now! Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
imranux
Community Member

Hi, I'm Imran,
I've faced a few problems when I verify my Identity. A few days ago, I got a notification to verify my ID. Then when I'm click to get start the system showed me "We are unable to complete ID verification at this time. Please contact support by visiting the Upwork Help Center to resolve this issue.". Then I'm trying Get Start again from Setting. They showed me the same message. Even, I've clear my "Browsing Data", Cache data. I've login from Chome and Firefox, The system shows me the same message.

I need help

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Imran,

Could you try to start the process now and let me know if you have experienced any problems on your end? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. It's solved.

fcfd93b9
Community Member

I'm trying to complete my identity verification but I'm constantly getting the following error:
We are unable to complete ID verification at this time.

Would appreciate some help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can not find verification panel on my upwork profile setting since all these days

this is faultrating

what's wrong

i'm tired

Hi Abdulgiyath,

It seems like you are referring to the ID-verified badge. If you are required, you’ll be notified upon log in to complete the verification process by uploading a non-expired government-issued photo ID and meeting with us for visual verification. After we’ve confirmed your identity, the new badge will be displayed on your profile.

~ Joanne
Upwork
265602ae
Community Member

Verify your identity by 07/31/2021 UTC to continue winning jobs on Upwork.
I'll Get my ID replacement on 8/2 or 8/3 because mine is lost last week
it's okay to wait till that date ?

Hi Oumar,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. 

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much, I'll make sure to done this ASAP

b3a0347a
Community Member

Hey! I am curious about my verification. I already pass my id and all but there is no confirmation yet. Can anyone view my account if it is approved? Pleqse Thank you!

Hi Maejen,

Please allow 1 business day for the review to be completed. When you're working on fixed price contracts, your funds will become available on your account after our 5 days security period has finished. To view in what stage your funds are, go to Reports > Overview. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
michel_young
Community Member

How long does it take to verified. I'm so curious to know. It's taking too long

Hi Onifade,

Please allow one business day for the verification to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I was down to hear this information I pay someone to help me to get my past id which was lost years ago and he told me to provide my information not knowing that he altered it. I have anotherone that is sure is real but not a plastic Id card upload but I don't know if this can solve my violation Smiley Sad Can this be fix

Hello, I was down to hear this information I pay someone to help me to get my past id which was lost years ago and he told me to provide my information not knowing that he altered it. I have anotherone that is sure is real but not a plastic Id card upload but I don't know if this can solve my violation Smiley Sad

I don't think so I've tried once to upload a photocopy of my id and they rejected it
weswnd_unlshd
Community Member

I have uploaded my government id with an older photo and now i can not pass the visual verification. Can someone please help ?

Hi Atharva,

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been able to start the verification process. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or try using Firefox as a browser when you initiate it?

If the issue persists let us know.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
0231ca1d
Community Member

Dear,

I was created account and added there all my details, but hov can i verify my account and start work.

Best regards,

Hi Kanstantsin,

Your profile is approved and you can start sending proposals once you're ready. At the moment, you don't have any pending verifications. Once you're required to verify your profile, our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Ok thanks.

if possible can now i verify my profile by driver license or passport ?

Hi Kanstantsin,

Please keep in mind that freelancers can't request a verification from their end. Once you're required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ushercozak
Community Member

Hey, I need help with my ID verification, I am eighteen but I still haven't got my ID yet, so I thought I'd use my passport, but it expired in 2019, is there really no other way. I also have a contract, do I have to cancel it?

Hi Usher,

To learn more about our accepted documents, check out this Help Article

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members